NYU’s Student Policy on Immunization, which includes requirements of the New York State Public Health Law, requires all students in the United States and at NYU Study Away sites to meet certain immunization requirements and submit related documentation.

Jump to:

Submit Your Immunization Dates and Documentation

1) Get Started

2) Submit Your Measles, Mumps, and Rubella Information

  • Locate the rows for:
    • Measles
    • Mumps
    • Rubella
  • Click Update beside all three to enter your immunization information.

3) Submit Your Meningococcal Meningitis Information

If you are 21 or under

  • Locate the row for Meningococcal ACWY
  • Click Update to begin

If you are 22 or over

  • Locate the row for Meningitis Decision Form
    • Click Update
    • At the bottom of the screen, select the option that reflects your decision about being vaccinated against meningitis
    • Click Submit Final
  • If you selected, "I received the vaccine in the past 5 years. I will upload proof and enter the dates of the vaccine."
    • Locate the row for Meningococcal ACWY
    • Click Update to submit your meningococcal meningitis information

4) Submit Your Documentation

In addition to entering your immunization information following the instructions above, you must also upload a copy of the original documents, lab results, or the completed Student Immunization History Form (PDF 286 KB).  All international immunization documents must be translated into English prior to submission by a professional translation service.

  • Go to the Immunization Record section and click Update to begin.
  • You can upload a scanned copy or photo of the documents.

Note: As of May 11, 2023, COVID-19 vaccination is no longer required, but students are encouraged to stay up to date with their COVID-19 vaccination.

Contact Us


(212) 443-1199

Check the Status of Your Upload

After you complete these steps you will receive an email to your NYU email address within 7-10 business days to notify you whether or not you have met the immunization requirements.

You can also check the status of your uploads in the Medical Clearances section of the SHC Portal.


If you see...
Status: Not Compliant
Details: No Data

... you did not provide your immunization information successfully. Please try again.


If you see...
Status: Not Compliant
Details: Not Satisfied

... your submission has been reviewed and you are not in compliance with NYU's immunization requirements. Please check your NYU email for details on what you need to do next.  

In Review

If you see...
Status: Not Compliant
Details: Awaiting Review

... we received your information and will review. If there are questions, our team will email you directly.


If you see...
Status: Compliant
Details: Satisfied

... your immunization records have been successfully uploaded, reviewed, and approved. You will also see this designation if you have an active, approved exemption.

Locate Your Immunization Records or Get Vaccinated

  • Locate Your Immunization Records: Learn how to locate your childhood immunization records.
  • Get a Blood Test to Show Proof of Immunity: If you can’t locate your immunization records, you can get a blood test to show you are immune to measles, mumps, and rubella. You can get a blood test at the SHC (if the SHC is an in-network provider with your insurance), through your own healthcare provider, or at most urgent care clinics.
  • Get Vaccinated: If you need to be vaccinated to fulfill the requirement, you can be vaccinated at the SHC (a modest charge may apply), at an NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene clinic, through your own healthcare provider, or at most urgent care clinics.

Immunization Policy and Compliance

If you are not in full compliance with the Student Policy on Immunization, NYU may take action up to and including de-enrollment from the University, including de-enrollment that is mandated in certain circumstances by New York law.

Consequences of non-compliance may be progressive and include, but are not limited to:

  • You may be prevented from entering campus buildings (which includes the inability to attend classes and any related academic consequences);
  • If you live on campus, you may be required to vacate your residence hall or be required to begin compliance before moving in;
  • You may be de-registered from your classes;
  • You may have your student identification card deactivated.

Students who are ultimately de-enrolled from the University will face all of these consequences. Students who are de-enrolled may in some instances be ineligible to receive a refund of any portion of tuition and fees as provided by University policy.