Global Leadership Program
Each semester a small group of NYU undergraduates participate in the Global Leadership Program at NYU Washington, DC. This program, which is open to current or rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors from all three of NYU’s degree-granting campuses—in New York City, Abu Dhabi, and Shanghai—fosters the practice of ethical and inclusive leadership and prepares students to assume leadership roles in the public and private sectors.
By taking an intensive leadership course and participating in experiential learning opportunities, students in the program develop a stronger sense of self-awareness and purpose, practice creating change with their peers, and learn how to collaborate with others to achieve results. Students also enroll in courses in business, economics, journalism, politics, public policy, or other subjects related to their major to maintain a full-time course load.
Mentoring, professional networking, and special cocurricular events enrich their academic experience. Through these activities, as well as their course work, students discover the meaning of global leadership in the 21st century.
Be a part of this exciting program for future world leaders.
- Engage in an innovative, immersive, credit-bearing leadership course.
- Network with leaders in the arts, business, diplomacy, government, law, and other fields.
- Pursue an internship or experiential learning opportunity in the US capital, home to many international organizations.
- Be considered for generous financial aid.
- Access one of NYU's largest alumni networks.
- Receive highly personalized mentoring that will support your future goals and plans.
- Meet with distinguished keynote presenters and panelists.
- Earn full-time credit toward your degree.
- Prepare for external scholarship competition.
- Opt to live in residence at NYU Washington, DC during the summer months for an internship or experiential learning opportunity.