How to Apply
Current NYU Students (from any of the campuses) apply by submitting the Study Away Application, by the appropriate deadline.
In the application:
- Select the term you are applying to study away.
- Rank top three location preference. Select "NYU Washington, DC" as first choice.
- Submit all required sections of the application and receive confirmation email.
- Click the Enrollment Portal link and submit required materials for Global Leadership Program.
What we look for in a future Leadership Program student:
- Students who have demonstrated a motivation to step up. They don't necessarily need to hold a formal leadership position.
- Students who see a problem and act to solve it whether in the classroom, the community or another setting.
- Students who work to create connections and build community, such as in the way that they interact with peers in class or in a residence hall.
- Students who are committed to their own learning and personal growth. They don't need to be perfectly polished but are hungry to learn and get better at what they do.
- Students who have a sense of the kinds of questions that animate their life, who are passionate about particular lines of inquiry and seek to build a body of work around them through their scholarship, service, leadership and career.