Camp Changemaker is a new initiative from NYU's Changemaker Center. Camp Changemaker is an introductory, comprehensive, immersive experience for undergraduate students who are interested in social change and want to build community at NYU. Taking place during spring break, students who participate will explore their strengths, develop leadership skills, and identify changemaking opportunities where they can make a future impact in their academic and career pursuits.
This year’s inaugural Camp Changemaker will run from March 13th-16th, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm. This is an in-person program and, while locations may vary, will primarily take place on NYU's Washington Square campus. Students can expect a combination of self-assessment and reflection, skill-building workshops, discussions with NYU staff/faculty, and community-building activities.
Through the four-day program, students will:
- Build self-awareness by surfacing, reflecting on, and applying their strengths
- Understand how social change happens by learning about different social change leadership models and social change movements
- Build community at NYU by meeting peers who share their passions and connecting with NYU staff that lead social impact and change-making initiatives
- Develop relationship-building skills through restorative practices
- Apply the skills and knowledge gained through the program through a real-world simulation
- Gain exposure to different career pathways and post-graduate opportunities for students interested in social impact
Before starting your application, make sure to review the program schedule for times and descriptions of sessions. Students must be able to participate fully in all four days of the program (March 13th-16th, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm) in order to be eligible to apply.
Applications are due by Wednesday, February 22, 2023 at 11:59 pm. Learn more about the process and start your application by following these instructions.
If you have any questions about your eligibility to apply or about the program in general, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.