Student Portal Tutorials
- Application Process
- Getting Started (Logging in and E-Form Agreements)
- Requesting Accommodation Letters
- Booking Exams (excluding Law, Medical, Dental, Nursing, NYU Global Sites)
- Communication Access (Deaf and Hard of Hearing)
FAQ — Application Process
- Q: I need accommodations - what is the first step?
- A: If you are requesting disability accommodations, the first step is to submit an application.
- Q: What information do I need before I can apply?
- A: The application requests some basic information, such as why you are requesting accommodations, what accommodations you are requesting, and personal information, like your name, email and N number.
- Q: Do I need documentation from my provider?
- A: If you have an electronic copy of your documentation, you can upload it at the end of the application. You will also have the opportunity to upload the documentation later, through a link sent to the email address you provide. If you do not have your documentation readily available, or you have questions about what may be required, you can wait until a Moses Center staff member has been in touch with you and they can be of assistance.
- Q: I filled out the application - what happens next?
- A: Moses Center staff will review your application and an Accessibility Specialist will contact you via email to set up an intake appointment.
FAQ — Logging in and E-Form Agreements
- Q: How do I log in to the online portal?
- A: The portal can be accessed by going to nyu.edu/csa and clicking on the ‘Student Login’ button. Once there, you will be prompted to log in with your NYU credentials.
- Q: After logging in, I see Required Forms I need to sign. What are these?
- A: When logging in to the new portal for the first time, you will be taken to a Required Forms page. Here, you will find e-form agreements that must be read and digitally signed before you can move forward. By digitally signing these e-forms, you are agreeing to follow Moses Center policies as they relate to your accommodations. This step will need to be completed even if you have signed similar agreements in the past.
FAQ — Requesting Accommodation Letters
- Q: Where can I request academic accommodation letters for my classes?
- A: To request academic accommodation letters for the current semester, navigate to “Select Accommodations for Your Class” on the home page of the online portal. Under “Step 1: Select Class(es),” you should see a list of your current classes. Here, you will have the opportunity to select the classes for which you are requesting accommodations.
- Q: Why are some or all of my classes not listed?
- A: If you recently registered with the Moses Center or have added new classes to your schedule, your courses may take up to 48 hours to display on the portal. If after 48 hours your class(es) are not displayed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Q: Do I have to request all my accommodations for each class?
- A: After clicking “Continue to Customize Your Accommodations” you will have the opportunity to select the accommodations you would like to request for each of your classes. You can select all accommodations listed or just those you wish to utilize.
- Q: I need to request notetaking services - can I do that now?
- A: Yes! You will see Notetaking Services listed, along with any other accommodations you are eligible for, after clicking “Continue to Customize Your Accommodations.” The accommodation must be selected in each class for which it is needed.
- Then, after sending, navigate to "Notetaking Services" in the left menu and Confirm each class that is being requested.
- Q: I need to request Interpreting and/or CART services - can I do that now?
- A: Yes! You will see Interpreting and/or CART listed, along with any other accommodations you are eligible for, after clicking “Continue to Customize Your Accommodations.” The accommodation must be selected in each class for which it is needed.
- Q: I have finished selecting my accommodations - how will I know that my request has been processed?
- A: After selecting accommodations for each of your courses, click “Submit Your Accommodation Requests” at the bottom of the screen.