In accordance with applicable federal, state, and city disability laws, New York University will review your request for housing accommodations.
NYU maintains accessible housing dispersed throughout its campuses, within its housing stock that includes a variety of locations, price points, amenities, configurations, and occupancy. NYU is committed to providing students with disabilities accessible housing placements or options that are comparable, convenient, and at the same cost as to others within NYU’s varied housing offerings.
Housing accommodations and assignments or options are determined on a case-by-case basis as part of an interactive process, taking the student’s documented disability-related need and prevailing standards for reasonable accommodations into consideration. New York University has established the following procedures to ensure that students with disabilities have equal access to New York University’s housing resources:
Requesting Housing Accommodations
Read the appropriate informational packet:
Submit the Request for Reasonable Housing Accommodations.
Ensure the following forms are complete:
- Authorization of Release of Information form.
- Supporting Documentation for Consideration of Accommodation Form (SDF). Your healthcare provider should complete the SDF form, or provide other supporting documentation. Please note: Moses CSA does not accept letters from online ESA (Emotional Support Animal) providers.
After submitting your application you will receive a confirmation email, which contains an upload link. Please use this link to upload completed forms and any additional documentation.
Information provided to the Moses CSA is kept confidential and will only be shared within the University as necessary to evaluate or facilitate provision of the requested accommodation.
Your request and supporting documentation will be reviewed by representatives from the Moses Center, in consultation with clinicians at the Student Health Center as appropriate. Requests are reviewed each Wednesday (excluding holidays or University closures). Decisions will typically be emailed to the student's NYU email address within two business days after the committee meeting.
- Please be aware that requesting a housing accommodation is a different process from requesting an academic accommodation.
- Housing is not guaranteed for all students (e.g. graduate, transfer). Importantly: A housing accommodation approval does not guarantee a housing assignment; all students are subject to the same generally applicable deadlines to request housing.
- Housing accommodation must be requested for each academic year. Exceptions will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Your application will not be reviewed without disability documentation and/or a personal statement. Submitting current documentation is strongly recommended.