International Student Support Initiative (ISSI)
The International Student Support Initiative (ISSI) is a centralized, coordinated, and comprehensive hub for NYU’s international student community. A collaboration between the Office of Global Services (OGS) and the Center for Student Life (CSL), ISSI is dedicated to not only support international students at NYU, but also to provide resources and expertise to create academic, co-curricular, and social opportunities for sustained, cross-cultural learning.
What We Do
- Foster international student leadership and community,
- Support cross-cultural dialogue,
- Lead and coordinate the First Year International Student Transition Program and the Graduate Student Transition Program,
- Coordinate pre-orientation and orientation programs for international students,
- Lead and coordinate large-scale University programming to support holidays and cultural celebrations, including International Education Week (IEW),
- Create intentional pathways for the successful integration of domestic and international students,
- Build intercultural humility and competence across the University,
- Contribute to advocacy efforts in regards to critical state and national policies that impact international communities,
- Create connections and friendships that include partnering with student clubs and organizations, and opportunities for spouses and partners to be involved at NYU.
International Student Lounge
Located in the Kimmel Center for University Life, Room 704, feel free to study, relax, and socialize in the space. There are couches, tables, a screen, and a large whiteboard for you to use. Make sure to mark on the map where you call home! The International Student Lounge is also used to host monthly international student and scholar focus groups, weekly English conversation groups, and other student events co-sponsored by OGS and CSL.
- Associate Director for Programming, OGS: Sarah Goetz
- Assistant Director for International Student Engagement, CSL: Robert Wilder
- Program Administrator, OGS: Noa Watkins
- Program Administrator, CSL: Sara Elgazzar
- Program Administrator, OGS: Evelyn Garcia
- Graduate Assistant, CSL: Catherine Meng
- Programs and Events Intern, OGS: Abigail Zhou
- Programs and Events Intern, OGS: Jamie Dehouck
- Programs and Events Intern, OGS: Rekhia Adams
- Graphic Designer and Communications Intern, OGS: Gabbie Ong
- Visual Storyteller Intern, OGS: Kriti Mahtab
- OGS Programming Committee:
- Laura Haley, International Student Advisor
- Chad Lectura, Senior International Student Advisor
- Scott Flint, Outbound Immigration Advisor
- Lindsay Wersebe, Senior International Scholar Advisor
- Julianne Parayo, International Student Advisor
- Haley Horstemeyer, International Student Advisor
- Tom Sirinides, Director of International Student Services
- Sarah Willyard, Director of Operations
- Melissa Zuroff, Director of Engagement
Student Organization Partners
International Student Council
International Student Council (ISC) is dedicated to providing a holistic experience to undergraduate and graduate international students. ISC creates community and promotes diversity amongst the international student body across the University through the organizing of events and other initiatives. Check out ISC events on their Facebook Page.
International Student Advisory Committee
The International Student Affairs Committee (ISAC) is one of the committees of the Student Government Assembly. This committee comes together to discuss policies and initiatives that address concerns that international students have during their time at NYU, including cultural adjustment, academic development, and extracurricular exposure. ISAC also serves as a forum for students who identify as international students and those interested in international student affairs to exchange and disseminate information on matters of concern to the community.