New York University offers a wide variety of minors across its undergraduate schools. A cross-school minor is a convenient study option for students wishing to learn more about a field that they cannot major or minor in at their home school.

Declaring/Removing a Cross-School Minor

Undergraduates: Complete the online Minor Application, available in the dropdown menu of your Albert Student Center. Please refer to our alphabetical list of minors to determine which NYU school hosts the minor you would like to declare/remove.

Questions about your minor declaration request? Albert minor applications are processed by your home school. If you have questions about the status of your request, please reach out to the appropriate contact for your home school:

College of Arts and Science:


Global Liberal Studies: Leah Guarino-Ramirez

School of Professional Studies: Program-specific contact

Silver: Please contact your assigned Silver Academic Advisor



Tandon: Wan Green

Tisch: Daniella Joseph


Internal Transfers and Liberal Studies Transitioners: Please note that any minors you declared in your previous program will not carry over to your new program. After consulting with an advisor in your new program, please re-declare your minor if you are eligible to do so.

NYU Abu Dhabi and NYU Shanghai students: Please consult with your home school advisor before declaring a cross-school minor. Abu Dhabi and Shanghai students cannot declare a given cross-school minor if their home school offers an analogous minor. For example, Abu Dhabi students must declare the Abu Dhabi-based Art History minor - they cannot declare the CAS Art History minor.

Questions about your minor?

If you have questions about a minor's curriculum or requirements, please visit the minor's web page. You can find the appropriate links in the lists of minors on this website.

For questions not answered online, please contact a minor representative by consulting our minor contact information.

Cross-School Minors at Global Sites

Thinking about studying away? NYU's global sites offer a variety of courses to help you complete your cross-school minor requirements.

Use the Office of Global Programs' Global Study Planner to see which sites offer your cross-school minor courses, and maximize your study away experience!