What is Professional Edge?
Professional Edge is a cost-free opportunity for undergraduates to build industry-specific skills to support future professional goals. Juniors and seniors can take one noncredit course per semester at no cost at the NYU School of Professional Studies.
Enrolling in these courses will allow you to explore potential career paths, develop networks in your chosen field, sharpen in-demand professional skills, and enhance your career portfolio.
How It Works
Review our tips for selecting a Professional Edge course. We also encourage you to work with your advisor or meet with a Wasserman Career Coach to discuss your career goals and how to best select a course.
Examples of Professional Edge class pairings include:
- An art history major taking a course on art valuation
- A recorded music major taking a course on intellectual property
- Completing an internship and taking a course that provides complementary professional knowledge
- All current undergraduate juniors and seniors are eligible (64 completed credits at the time of course enrollment)
- A cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above is required
- 1 course per semester* (fall, spring, and summer terms only)
- Courses can only be taken on a non-evaluative basis
*Duration of courses may vary. Certain courses may not be available through Professional Edge.