Remote ULC Tutoring Instructions
Before requesting online tutoring:
Install the Zoom app
For system requirements, visit the following support article: System requirements for the Zoom application
- Navigate to https://zoom.us/download
- Select the correct installer for your device
- Complete the installation
Be ready to login to the Zoom app to start your session!
Once the Zoom app is installed, you will need to login to use it.
- Launch the application
- On the “Sign in” screen, select Sign in with SSO.
- Enter “nyu” when prompted for the company domain.
- Login with your NYU net id and password
Login to NYU Chat/Hangouts
- Go to hangouts.nyu.edu
- Login with your Net ID and Password
*If it's your first time dropping in, you may have to first accept our Invite to gchat:
- If you are logged in at hangouts.nyu.edu, click on the three dots on the left hand side, and then "Invites" - accept our invitation!
- If you are logged into your NYU Email, you should see "Hangouts" in the bottom left corner. Click on the arrow next to your name, scroll down to "Invites", and accept our invitation!
Requesting online tutoring:
There are just 3 steps to connect with the ULC!
Step 1: Check our schedule and fill out the form linked there. NOTE: The form is restricted to NYU USERS ONLY. Make sure that you're logged in to your NYU Account and logged out of your personal gmail account.
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FORM ONLY DURING ACTIVE TUTORING HOURS WHEN YOU ARE READY FOR YOUR SESSION. Any forms submitted outside of operating hours will be deleted.
Step 2: After submitting the form, the ULC will send you a message through NYU Chat/Hangouts. Please respond!
If we don't hear back from you within 3-5 minutes, we may need to move on to the next person on the list, and you will be moved to the end of the line. During busy times, we may move on even quicker than that!
Step 3: When your session has been confirmed, the ULC will send you a link to your Learning Assistant's ULC Zoom meeting room. Click on the link and start your session immediately!