Sign in for a one-to-one Learning Session (online or in person)
Before requesting online tutoring for the first time:
Install the Zoom app
For system requirements, visit the following support article: System requirements for the Zoom application
- Navigate to https://zoom.us/download
- Select the correct installer for your device
- Complete the installation
Be ready to login to the Zoom app to start your session!
Once the Zoom app is installed, you will need to login to use it.
- Launch the application
- On the “Sign in” screen, select Sign in with SSO.
- Enter “nyu” when prompted for the company domain.
- Login with your NYU net id and password
Accept our Invite to Chat
- Go to hangouts.nyu.edu
- Login with your Net ID and Password
*If it's your first time dropping in, you may have to first accept our Invite to gchat:
- If you are logged in at hangouts.nyu.edu, click on the three dots on the left hand side, and then "Invites" - accept our invitation!
- If you are logged into your NYU Email, you should see "Hangouts" in the bottom left corner. Click on the arrow next to your name, scroll down to "Invites", and accept our invitation!
- Screenshot Directions
There are just 3 steps to connect with the ULC!
Step 1: Check our schedule and fill out the form linked there. NOTE: You should be signed into your NYU Account. The form is restricted to NYU USERS ONLY.
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FORM ONLY DURING ACTIVE TUTORING HOURS WHEN YOU ARE READY FOR YOUR SESSION. Any forms submitted outside of operating hours will be deleted.
Step 2: After submitting the form, the ULC will send you a message through NYU Chat/Hangouts. Please respond!
If we don't hear back from you within 3-5 minutes, we may need to move on to the next person on the list, and you will be moved to the end of the line. During busy times, we may move on even quicker than that!
Step 3: When your session has been confirmed, the ULC will send you a link to your Learning Assistant's ULC Zoom meeting room. Click on the link and start your session immediately!
All staff and visitors to the ULC must comply with NYU's safety protocols. The daily screener is required for access to the buildings; masks are required; and there is no food permitted on the premises. Thank you for your help in keeping each other safe!
Step 1: Check our schedule and visit us at the time and location specified for your subject.
- ARC: Academic Resource Center, 18 Washington Place, Lower Level
- UHall: University Hall, 110 East 14th Street, Top of the stairs by UHall Commons
Step 2: Scan the QR Code at the ULC Front Desk and complete the form while you are onsite.
Step 3: Check in with the front desk to get set up with a Learning Assistant and get started with your session!
NOTE: If there is a long wait and/or the ULC is crowded, we may ask you to wait for our session off-site. We recommend downloading the GChat app so we can send you a message asking you to return 15-30 minutes ahead of the time we expect your session to begin.