Tutoring and Learning
Welcome to the University Learning Center!
The University Learning Center (ULC) aims to help students meet the challenge of the College’s rigorous academic standards, to guide students in their adjustment to the college learning environment, and to prepare them for a lifetime of self-sufficient learning.
On this website you can find sign-ups for free one on one peer tutoring, group review workshops, academic skills workshops, and more! Check out our drop-in schedule and other schedule of events below.
Signing in for Drop-in Tutoring: How-to Guide!
Step 1: Check our schedule and visit us at the time and location specified for your subject.
- ARC: Academic Resource Center, 18 Washington Place, Lower Level
- UHall: University Hall, 110 East 14th Street, Top of the stairs by UHall Commons
Step 2: Scan the QR Code at the ULC Front Desk and complete the form while you are onsite.
Step 3: Check in with the front desk to get set up with a Learning Assistant and get started with your session!
NOTE: If there is a long wait and/or the ULC is crowded, we may ask you to wait for our session off-site. We recommend downloading the GChat app so we can send you a message asking you to return 15-30 minutes ahead of the time we expect your session to begin.
Additional Academic Support Services
- CAS Computer Science Department Tutoring
- Papiers-Mâchés, an online French Writing Tutorial (Department of French)
- CAS French Department Tutoring Schedule
- Undergraduate Mathematics Tutoring Center, Courant Institute, Warren Weaver Hall
- Physics Tutoring
- Department of Spanish and Portuguese tutoring (see info on ULC website)
- Writing Center, 411 Lafayette, 4th Floor
- NYU:Poly Tutoring Center