The diversity of academic opportunity at NYU is extraordinary – and might at times be overwhelming to undergraduate students who are just beginning their journeys, or who are thinking about changing paths. Academic Advisement at the Academic Resource Center provides an opportunity for students to start a conversation with advisors outside of their main programs and to begin to explore the areas beyond their primary focus. For example, a Stern student might talk to a Tisch advisor about opportunities through the Open Arts curriculum, while Tisch student might talk to a CAS advisor about liberal arts courses. Students can discuss the Social Work minor in further depth, or explore other cross-school opportunities.
Throughout the year, Academic Advisors from across the University and from various programs will be present in the ARC for drop-in advising and information sessions. Check our calendar for our programs and events, or drop by for a walk-in advising session!
No appointments are needed – students can simply stop by the front desk of the Academic Resource Center, and one of our ARC Information Aides will assist them in checking in to see the advisor on duty.
Cross-School Advising will continue remotely through Zoom
Beginning on Wednesday, March 11th, Cross-School Advising will move to remote, online advising sessions. Please contact advisors using the emails listed below for more information.
|Spring 2021 Advising Hours|
|Child Study Center (for Child and Adolescent Mental Health Studies Minor, CAMS)||Tuesdays, 2pm - 4pm||
|College of Arts & Science (CAS)||Wednesdays, 9am - 11am||
|CAS Accelerated Bachelor's-Master's tracks||Thursdays, 4pm - 5pm||Click here during drop-in hours to speak to a Bachelor's-Master's Advisor via Zoom|
|CAS Preprofessional Advising||
Fridays, 10am - 4pm
||Visit the Preprofessional Advising site to sign up for advising|
|Gallatin School of Individualized Study||Tuesdays, 10:30am - 12pm; Fridays, 10am - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rory Meyers College of Nursing||Tuesdays, 9:30am - 10:30am||
|Silver School of Social Work||Thursdays, 4pm - email@example.com|
|Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Human Development||Thursdays, 1:30pm - 3:firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Stern School of Business||Thursdays, 10:30am - 12:30pm||Use this link to sign up to meet with a Stern advisor via Zoom|
|Tandon School of Engineering||Tuesdays, 3pm - email@example.com|
|Tisch School of the Arts||Fridays, 12pm - 1:30pm||
|Visiting Students and NYU Precollege||Mondays, 4pm - 6pm; Wednesdays, 2pm - 4pm; Fridays, 10am - 12pm||
If a student is not available to attend CAS cross-school advising walk-in hours, the best way to contact an advisor is through email. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with clear and concise, numbered questions.
- Belkis Baez, Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development
- Michael Campbell, Tandon School of Engineering
- Patricia Decker, Tisch School of the Arts
- Shari Esquenazi-Karonika, Child Study Center (CAMS)
- Soomie Han, College of Arts & Science
- Christopher Holiman, College of Arts & Science
- Juan Iturralde, School of Social Work
- Aubrey Korneta, Gallatin School of Individualized Study
- Saige Martinez, Stern School of Business
- Anna Ortega Chavolla, Opportunity Programs, CSTEP, STEP
- Lauren Ratto, College of Arts & Science, Preprofessional
- Shannon Riley, University Programs & Visiting Students
- David Sugarman, Gallatin School of Individualized Study
- Brendan Sullivan, College of Arts & Science, BA/MA Programs
- Candace Sumner-Robinson, College of Arts & Science