As of February 1, 2016 all applications must be submitted through Cayuse IRB.
No email submissions will be accepted.
Please refer to the Cayuse IRB guide to create a protocol.
- Cayuse IRB Manual
- CITI Human Subjects Training
- Clinical Trials Guidance
- Collaborative research involving human subjects
- Prisoner Guidance
- Applying to the NYU IRB as a Student
- Submission Deadlines for Applications
- Undergraduate Student (Classroom) Research
- Language for Consent Forms
- Language for Parental Permission Forms
- Language for Child Assent (under age 12)
- International Research
- Guidance for Handling PI Non-Response to the IRB’s Requests for Follow-up
- Instructions for Events Requiring Prompt Reporting to the IRB (UPIRSO)
- Summary Guidance on Certificates of Confidentiality
- NYU Federalwide Assurance
- IRB Review Metrics - Total Protocol Count by Month, Average Turn-Around Time by Review Type (Committee Action), Total Protocols by School
IRB forms are updated on a regular basis. Please download a new copy of a form each time you need it to ensure you are using the most current version. Older versions will not be accepted.
- IRS Reporting Form
- Subject Reimbursement Log
- Checklist for Determining Whether a Project Involves Human Subjects
- IRB Decision Tree
- Investigator Checklist/Intake Data Entry Form
- Form for Events Requiring Prompt Reporting to the IRB (UPIRSO)
- Final Study Closure Form*
* The Closure form is ONLY for pre-Cayuse exempt studies. All other studies MUST submit Closure online via Cayuse IRB.