Case Studies, Press, and News
From Astrophysics to the Ancient World
Research Tech in Science, Art, and the Humanities
Research and Instructional Technology Is...
Powering groundbreaking research with high performance computing and networking
From the Greene supercomputer to the High Speed Research Network, we're developing tools and resources for researchers who need high-speed, high-capacity, high-demand computing.
Some of what's been happening
- High Performance Computing for the Simons Center for Computational Physical Chemistry
- NYU Greene Supercomputer: Celebrating a Year of Breakthrough Research
- Ocean Turbulence, Sea Levels, and Machine Learning
- Climate Change, Machine Learning, and High Performance Computing
- NYU Holodeck: One Step Closer to Star Trek Tech
- What’s that Noise? Using Technology to Fight Noise
- Mapping the Design of Rice
Using 3D printing and scanning to expand the capabilities of art, science, and medicine
At LaGuardia Studio, researchers and artists from across NYU—and beyond—are seeking out the cutting edge tools and staff experience that enable them to take their project to make the most of 3D technology.
A bit of what additive manufacturing and 3D scanning is delivering
- Virtual Dental Museum: Historical Artifacts Go Digital
- A Mouth Full of Megalodon Teeth
- Using 3D Scanning and Printing to Study the History of Human Movement
- 3D Printing for a Face and Bilateral Arm Transplant
- Rain, Sleet, or Snow: A 3D Masks for Face Transplant Doner
- Using 3D Printed Models for Infant Cleft Palate Surgery Training
- 3D Printing Critical Medical Equipment Remotely
- Morehshin Allahyari: Creating Art from Politics, Jinn, and Technology
- Wax to Metal
- From LaGuardia Studio to NYU Langone: Preparing to 3D Print a Mask for a Face Transplant Doner
- Bjork: Capturing a Face
Empowering researchers, journalists, and historians with data
Data Services provides tools that enable researchers, students, and faculty to collect, analyze, and display data in ways that help us understand the meaning behind the information.
Archiving the past and bringing the analog world into the digital era
Digital Library Technologyu Services is helping historians, archivists, and researchers digitally preserve important documents, books, photos, video, and other media.