Faculty Advisory Board
The Faculty Advisory Board (FAB) was created in the Spring of 2017 to help grow and to transform research computing services and facilities.
- Assist in running, growing, and transforming research computing facilities and services at NYU in order to help retain existing faculty, attract new researchers, and acquire additional funding.
- Provide a more structured way to collect research sector computing needs.
- Recommend expansions and upgrades to advanced technology infrastructure and research services that will enable scholars to undertake cutting-edge research, collaborate with peers, and integrate research with education.
- Review research computing service reports and report back to the executive sponsor(s).
Individual board members (see column at right) are chosen for his/her knowledge and understanding of:
- The broad spectrum of research computing needs and interests within the University community.
- Contemporary and emerging research computing technology and demands.
- The University’s strategic planning process.
- The University's mission to remain an outstanding research enterprise.
Faculty members and scientists are nominated by the Vice Provost for Research, Stacie Grossman Bloom.
Chair/Executive Sponsor: Stacie Grossman Bloom
NYU IT Research Technology Relationship Manager: David Ackerman
NYU IT Research Technology Staff: Stratos Efstathiadis
- College of Global Public Health: Tom Kirchner
- Courant: Charles S Peskin
- Courant: K Shafer Smith
- Courant: Ken Perlin
- Courant: Deena Engel
- Courant: Julia Kempe
- CUSP: Daniela Hochfellner
- CUSP: Huy T Vo
- CUSP: Debra Laefer
- Division of Libraries: Austin Booth
- Division of Libraries: Scott Collard
- Faculty of Arts and Science (FAS): David Gresham
- FAS: Jonathan Nagler
- FAS: Joshua Tucker
- FAS: Karen E Adolph
- FAS: Kyle S Cranmer
- FAS: Meredith K Broussard
- FAS: Richard A Bonneau
- FAS: Yingkai Zhang
- FAS: Elaine Gan
- FAS: Jeffrey Erlich
- FAS: Benjamin Schmidt
- NYU IT: David Ackerman
- NYU IT: Stratos Efstathiadis
- Office of the Executive Vice President: Len Peters
- Office of the Provost: Stacie Grossman Bloom
- Office of the Vice Provost for Research: Dennis Rodriquez
- Office of the Vice Provost for Research: Nancy S Daneau
- School of Medicine: Aristotelis Tsirigos
- School of Medicine: David Fenyo
- Steinhardt: Jan L Plass
- Steinhardt: Natalie Brito
- Stern School of Business: Norman White
- Tandon: Claudio Sliva
- Tandon: Juliana Freire