Registration for Summer semester 2014 begins on Tuesday, February 18, 2014. This message contains information on how registration works. Classes on Washington Square begin on Tuesday, May 27, 2014. Classes at study away sites may start on a different date.
Please note: If you have applied to graduate at the end of the Spring 2014 semester, you cannot register for Summer 2014 unless you have been admitted to a new degree program.
Preparing to Register
There are three steps that you can take now to prepare for registration:
- Check your registration appointment day and time. Go to the Student Center in Albert and click on "Enrollment Dates."
- Check for registration holds. All holds must be resolved and removed in order to enroll in classes for the Summer semester. There are many reasons why you may have a hold, including a past due balance or an advisor hold. Go to the Student Center in Albert and look at the "Holds" section on the right hand side of the page. Click on "Details" to learn about any holds you may have, how to resolve the hold, and which NYU office you can contact if you have questions.
- Update your contact information. Go to the Student Center in Albert and click on "Personal Information." All students are required to have an "NYU Emergency Alert" cellular phone number and emergency contact information to register for Summer 2014.
Registering for Classes and the Enrollment Shopping Cart
Prior to your registration appointment you can 'plan' your schedule by adding classes into your enrollment shopping cart. In addition, a newly added feature will now allow you to 'validate' the classes in your shopping cart to alert you of potential enrollment issues that may occur. By validating your classes you have the opportunity to address those issues or select alternative classes in which to enroll prior to the time when you will actually be able to enroll.
- You can put as many courses as you want into the enrollment shopping cart, but Albert will only enroll you for the maximum number of credits allowed by your school (16 credits for undergraduates).
- At your registration appointment time, you must return to Albert and complete the three enrollment steps to enroll in classes. Placing your classes in the shopping cart in advance does not enroll you in those classes.
Learn more about the enrollment shopping cart validation feature.
A detailed explanation of how registration works as well as a video presentation can be found in the Student Guides. If you plan to put any of your courses on a wait-list, be sure to read the section in the Albert Registration Help Guide on swapping classes.
If you have additional registration questions, please contact the Office of the University Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.