- 2008. Universite de la Mediterannee Marseille. PhD.
- One function of the eyes is the detection of color information. In the Drosophila retina, color detection is achieved by the inner photoreceptors R7 and R8, which project to the medulla part of the optic lobes. The medulla is a complex structure composed of ~40,000 neurons organized in 10 layers perpendicular to R7 and R8 projections. There are more than 60 subtypes of medulla neurons, and the projections of each pair of R7 and R8 are surrounded by columns composed of more than 35 of these neurons.
- My primary objective is to understand how the medulla neuropil forms. Using a combination of approaches including 'Flip-out' clone analysis, Chromophore Assisted Light Inactivation (CALI), Brainbow and live imaging, I am trying to understand the role of the photoreceptors R7 and R8 in medulla neuropil organization as well as trying to determine the developmental origin of the different subtypes of medulla neurons.
- European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO) - Current
- Human Fronteir Science Program (HFSPO)