Note: This information applies to NYU Abu Dhabi and NYU Shanghai students considering a semester in New York. Students from other colleges and universities who are interested in enrolling as a visiting student at NYU's campus in New York should consider programs hosted by NYU's Office of University Programs.
- August 25-27: Arrival window
- August 25: On-campus housing opens (time TBD by residence hall)
- August 28-30: Mandatory on-site orientation
- September 3: Fall 2019 classes begin
- September 16: Last day to add/drop NYU courses. Last day to drop courses and not receive a grade of "W". Last day of active waitlists.
- October 14: Fall Recess (no classes)
- October 15: Legislative Day (classes will meet according to a Monday schedule).
- November 27-29: Student Thanksgiving Recess (no classes scheduled)
- December 13: Last day of Fall 2019 classes
- December 14-15: Reading Days
- December 16 - 20: Fall semester exams
- December 20: On-campus Housing Ends @ 12:00PM
- January 26 - Arrival (on-campus housing opens at 2PM)
- January 27 - Spring 2020 classes begin
- January 31 - Mandatory on-site orientation (new students ONLY)
- February 9 - Last day to add/drop NYU courses. Last day to drop courses and not receive a grade of "W". Last day of active waitlists.
- February 17 - Presidents' Day (no classes scheduled / university holiday)
- March 16-March 22 - Spring Recess (no classes scheduled)
- April 3 - Last day to withdraw from a course
- May 11 - Last day of Spring 2020 classes
- May 12 - Reading Day
- May 13-19 - Spring semester exams
- May 20 - Last day to be in on-campus housing (on-campus housing ends at 12PM)