Housing is guaranteed and is a requirement of the program.
The Park La Brea complex offers university housing for students who are spending a traditional “study away” semester at NYU LA. These are apartment-style accommodations with two bedrooms, a shared kitchen, bath, and living/dining area. Park La Brea has abundant outdoor areas with private patios and communal green space within the gated community.
Park La Brea is centrally located, walking distance to the NYULA Academic Center, the Original Farmers Market, The Grove, and many grocery stores and restaurants.
Things to Know - Park La Brea
- Some university-owned housing items are provided including plates, flatware, cooking utensils, shower curtain, and applicable bedroom and living room furniture.
- Laundry facilities are located within the complex.
- Utilities including water, power, and wireless internet are provided.
- One unreserved parking permit is included per resident, upon request.
- Park La Brea has over 4,000 units and is the largest housing complex in the U.S. west of the Mississippi River. The complex is a diverse community of families, professionals, and local university students.
- Various shopping options are within walking distance including CVS, Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Starbucks, Chipotle, The Original Farmers Market and The Grove - two open-air LA landmarks with eateries, shops, food vendors, and produce markets.
- Double bedroom
Two people are assigned to share one bedroom, and the apartment is shared between two or three students.
- Single bedroom
One person is assigned to one bedroom, and the apartment is shared between three students.
- $5,750 double bedroom
- $7,353 single bedroom (in a shared apartment)
Should you cancel your study away term, be aware of the published cancellation fee schedule that outlines important deadlines and applicable fees.
- Gated property access
- 24-hour courtesy patrol
- Professionally managed fitness center and Junior Olympic salt water pool (accessible for an additional monthly fee)
- 5 miles of fitness trails
- On-site residents community garden
- Wi-Fi garden cafe (multiple)
- Multimedia theater
- Executive conference room
- Meeting room facilities
- Business center with copier, fax, Internet