Airport Shuttle Service
Fall 2021 Promo Codes Now Available
Please claim and apply your Via promo code by vsiting our Safe Ride promo code portal. Please note the same code unlocks both services.
New York University has partnered with Via to provide discounted trips to and from New York City's three major local airports (John F. Kennedy, LaGuardia and Newark-Liberty) through the use of a promo code*.
*Please note, if you have already claimed your unique promo code through NYU's Safe Ride service, you do not need to claim a new, separate code for the Airport Shuttle service.
Available Departure/Destination Points
NYU community members can book airport shuttles through the Via app from any of the following locations:
- Any point south of 125th Street in Manhattan
- 6 MetroTech (Bk)
- Clark Street Residence Hall (Bk)
- Othmer Residence Hall (Bk)
|Manhattan <-> EWR||$47.50||$76.00||38%|
|Manhattan <-> JFK||$45.50||$78.00||42%|
|Manahattan <-> LGA||$30.00||$55.00||45%|
|Brooklyn <-> EWR||$51.00||$85.00||
|Brooklyn <-> JFK||$44.00||$68.00||35%|
|Brooklyn <-> LGA||$30.00||$55.00||45%|
Please note that rates do not include tolls incurred along the route. Any tolls will be added to the advertised price offered on the Via app.
Pro Tip: there is no incremental cost for additional passengers so community members are encouraged to book one trip and safely group together when possible to reduce the cost per rider.
1. Get a Promo Code
Note: If you've accessed your unique promo code for NYU's Safe Ride program, you do not need another code. The same code will work for both services.
2. Download the Via App
Before you request your first ride with Via, you will need to have downloaded the Via app, created an account, and applied a unique Airport Shuttle promo code. For first-time users, here is a step by step guide to getting set up and using Via.
Download the Via rider app from the App Store (Apple) or Google Play Store:
3. Create a Via Account and Verify Your Phone Number
- Create a Via account using your name, email, and phone number.
- Enter the phone verification code sent to your phone number.
4. Add Billing and Apply Promo Code
The Via app will ask you to enter billing information to set up your account. Via also accepts debit cards as a billing method although it is not indicated in the app.
Redeem your unique promo code provided by NYU at the bottom of the Add Billing screen and tap done.
You can also enter your NYU promo code at any time after creating your Via account by selecting the Promo Codes section in the app's main menu.
5. Request an Airport Shuttle
Access to the Via platform can be found through the NYU Mobile App, the Safe NYU app, or directly through the Via app.
- Pick-Up location: Choose your city or airport location and tap "confirm my location." Your city location must be within the bounds of service in Manhattan or one of the three designated locations in Brooklyn (6 MetroTech, Clark Street Residence Hall, Othmer Residence Hall). Your airport location must be one of the three local NYC airports.
- Drop-Off location: Choose your city or airport location and tap "set my destination." Your city location must be within the bounds of service in Manhattan or one of the three designated locations in Brooklyn (6 MetroTech, Clark Street Residence Hall, Othmer Residence Hall). Your airport location must be one of the three local NYC airports.
- Number of passengers: Riders can book a ride for themselves. Currently only private rides are available. In the future, you may be pared with another passenger in a rideshare format.
- Confirm your trip: Find your pickup location, ETA, vehicle and driver details in the app.
- Accept proposal: Select the proposal and tap "book this ride."
- Connect with the driver: If you have any issues finding your vehicle, you can call the driver directly from the Via app. The driver may also reach out directly to you to coordinate. In any case, your phone number will not be visible to the driver.
- When the car arrives, verify the vehicle model, plate number, and driver photo.
Thank you for riding with NYU's Airport Shuttle Service powered by Via. During this difficult time, we're working hard to make sure every ride is a safe ride.
Riders and drivers are prompted to take an in-app Wellness Check to ensure they are symptom-free before each shift or ride.
Drivers and riders alike must wear a mask at all times.
We've limited the vehicle seating capacity to ensure safe social distancing.
Partitions have been installed in all vehicles to separate passengers and drivers. Please avoid sitting close to other riders or touching more surfaces than you need to.
To help improve air circulation, drivers are encouraged to roll down the windows, weather permitting.
Our vehicles are professionally cleaned and disinfected daily using EPA-approved products.
Drivers are also equipped with disinfectant supplies to ensure the vehicles are cleaned frequently throughout the day. Cleaning supplies and masks are also available in the passenger area of the vehicle.
Stay Home if You're Feeling Unwell
We rely on every member of our community to do their part.
Please remember to wash your hands, take precautions, and stay home if you're exhibiting any symptoms.