There are many ways to get involved in sustainability outside of the classroom. Explore student government committees, student clubs, and school-specific groups to find your community.
- SSC's Sustainability Committee
- CAS Student Council Sustainability Committee
- NYU Abu Dhabi's Sustainability Committee
- Tandon Student Council Sustainable Solutions Committee
- Alliance for Environmental and Social Justice - focuses on the complex interactions of environmental and social justice, and explicitly includes non-human beings and nature in an ecocentric approach to justice.
- Animal Welfare Collective - bring awareness to and advocate for animal rights.
- Citizens' Climate Lobby - connect over shared concerns, build consensus, and work with elected officials from every party towards climate solutions.
- Community Agriculture Project - educating on urban agriculture and tending to the community garden in Washington Square Village.
- EarthMatters - NYU's premier campus-wide environmental club.
- Future Fashion Group - raising awareness and brodening the discussion around the social and environmental consequences of the maintain fashion industry.
- Journal of Sustainability - educating all of NYU’s students to live and advocate for a more sustainable future through publishing students’ opinions on current environmental events, campaigns, studies, or other sustainable subjects.
- New York Water Environment Association at NYU - increasing opportunities for young professionals and serving as a bridge for students to learn about the water environment industry.
- Nutrition Without Borders - Work to increase student involvement in domestic and global nutrition issues through advocacy, research, volunteering, and outreach.
- SproutUp - providing free, youth-led environmental education program to 1st and 2nd grade students in NYC.
- Sunrise Movement NYU - connecting NYU students to NYC-wide social and climate justice actions and fighting for environmental justice within NYU.
- Two Birds One Stone - delivering hot, edible food that is leftover from NYU dining halls to homeless shelters around NYC.
SCHOOL-SPECIFIC STUDENT GROUPS
- Environmental Law Society - for NYU Law students interested in protecting the environment, exploring nature, promoting environmental justice, pursuing environmental law and more.
- Gallatin's Science Technology Arts + Creativity (STAC) - supporting Gallatin's fixers, coders, makers, crafters, and designers.
- Global Public Health's Nutrition Without Borders Club - interdisciplinary approach to increasing student involvement in domestic and global nutrition issues through advocacy, research, volunteering, and outreach.
- NYU Schack Institute's Blueprint - brings together perspectives across the real estate ecosystem to share ideas, create new connections and explore opportunities at the intersection of real estate innovation and sustainability.
- Stern Net Impact - a mission-driven community of students passionate about using their business background to generate positive social change.
- Stern Social Impact & Sustainability Association - NYU Stern MBA students dedicated to using the power of business to create a more socially and environmentally sustainable world.
- Wagner Alliance for Climate Change and Environment - NYU community members advocating for the inclusion of emerging issues in key courses and curricula at Wagner.