There are many ways to get involved in sustainability outside of the classroom. Explore student government committees, student clubs, and school-specific groups to find your community.
- SSC's Sustainability Committee
- CAS Student Council Sustainability Committee
- NYU Abu Dhabi's Sustainability Committee
- Tandon Student Council Sustainable Solutions Committee
- EarthMatters - NYU's premier campus-wide environmental club.
- Alliance for Environmental and Social Justice - focuses on the complex interactions of environmental and social justice, and explicitly includes non-human beings and nature in an ecocentric approach to justice.
- American Association of Blacks in Energy (AABE) - ensuring the input of African Americans and other minorities into the discussions and developments of energy policies regulations, R&D technologies, and environmental issues.
- Animal Welfare Collective - bring awareness to and advocating for animal rights.
- CHEFs for School - Cheap, Healthy, and Eco-friendly Food. Enriches the lives of people in the NYC and NYU community by offering nutrition education and instructions for affordable, healthy meal preparation, while spreading awareness about food access inequalities and environmentally-conscious food choices.
- Community Agriculture Project - educating on urban agriculture and tending to the community garden in Washington Square Village.
- Future Fashion Group - raising awareness and brodening the discussion around the social and environmental consequences of the maintain fashion industry.
- Journal of Sustainability - educating all of NYU’s students to live and advocate for a more sustainable future through publishing students’ opinions on current environmental events, campaigns, studies, or other sustainable subjects.
- New York Water Environment Association at NYU - increasing opportunities for young professionals and serving as a bridge for students to learn about the water environment industry.
- Share Meals at NYU - eliminating food insecurity and social isolation at NYU.
- SproutUp - providing free, youth-led environmental education program to 1st and 2nd grade students in NYC.
- Sunrise Movement NYU - connecting NYU students to NYC-wide social and climate justice actions and fighting for environmental justice within NYU.
- Two Birds One Stone - delivering hot, edible food that is leftover from NYU dining halls to homeless shelters around NYC.
SCHOOL-SPECIFIC STUDENT GROUPS
- Environmental Law Society - for NYU Law students interested in protecting the environment, exploring nature, promoting environmental justice, pursuing environmental law and more.
- Gallatin's Science Technology Arts + Creativity (STAC) - supporting Gallatin's fixers, coders, makers, crafters, and designers.
- Global Public Health's Nutrition Without Borders Club - interdisciplinary approach to increasing student involvement in domestic and global nutrition issues through advocacy, research, volunteering, and outreach.
- NYU Schack Institute's Blueprint - brings together perspectives across the real estate ecosystem to share ideas, create new connections and explore opportunities at the intersection of real estate innovation and sustainability.
- Stern Net Impact - a mission-driven community of students passionate about using their business background to generate positive social change.
- Stern Social Impact & Sustainability Association - NYU Stern MBA students dedicated to using the power of business to create a more socially and environmentally sustainable world.
- Wagner Alliance for Climate Change and Environment - NYU community members advocating for the inclusion of emerging issues in key courses and curricula at Wagner.