Student employees of the NYU Office of Sustainability have the opportunity to shape a more environmentally sustainable NYU through building & operations projects and engagement programs.
Apply for the following open positions, by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the position title in the subject line.
Mechanic, NYU Bike Share
The Mechanic will be the staff member primarily responsible for ensuring the quality, availability, safety, and maintenance of the NYU BikeShare’s fleet. This position also works with students and administrators to help promote the NYU BikeShare.
The Mechanic will support the NYU Office of Sustainability’s NYU BikeShare Program by:
- Inspecting and repairing Bike Share bicycles, based on a predetermined schedule
- Refurbishing bikes for incorporation into Bike Share fleet
- Engaging and empowering students, faculty, and staff to promote biking culture at NYU
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Intermediate level of bicycle repair skills required; certifications indicating a high level of expertise relevant to maintaining a bike fleet are especially preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Able to lift and move bikes and boxes weighing up to 50 pounds
- Willingness to travel to NYU’s Brooklyn Campus (on paid work time)
- Previous experience with a bike share program or repair shop preferred
- Familiarity with the laws, challenges, benefits, and culture of urban cycling in NYC
- Professional or academic background in urban or transportation planning
- Demonstrated experience, interest, or other commitment to sustainability
- Minimum ten hours weekly, consistent hours spread somewhat evenly through the week
- Specific events throughout the semester, as needed
NYU Office of Sustainability and at various NYU Bike Share Program checkout locations around New York City (current locations can be seen at here).
Please apply with a cover letter and resume/CV via NYU’s CareerNet
Besides framing your interest and qualifications, exemplary cover letters should: situate this work in the context of your personal goals and passions; elaborate on why the Office of Sustainability will benefit from your contributions; and highlight desired skills/expertise that you hope to develop on the job.
Applicants must be current students, graduating Spring 2018 or later.
New York University is an equal-opportunity employer.