The Sustainability Advocate Program engages the broader NYU community in the effort to create a more sustainable campus. The program harnesses the effort, energy, and enthusiasm of employees to "green" their departments and work spaces, while educating others and increasing awareness throughout the university.
Offices that are engaging in the Advocate Program work towards environmentally preferable goals to improve the sustainability of their work area. As an advocate for your department you will work in tandem with members of the Office of Sustainability to identify and improve your office’s performance in various categories. Your office will be eligible to submit a checklist to achieve “Green Certification!"
Why Should You Join?
- Take an active role in reducing NYU’s environmental impact
- Join a community of like-minded staff and faculty across campus
- Encourage responsible resource consumption
- Generate new ideas, test conservation strategies, and share best practices for office sustainability
- Make a difference!
Why a Sustainability Advocates Program?
- To reduce the environmental footprint of NYU’s administrative operations
- To enable staff to play a direct role and have a personal stake in greening efforts
- To build a sense of community by networking like-minded staff around a shared commitment to sustainability
- To enable us to use energy and other resources more efficiently, and save money