What We Do
- We work towards reducing our carbon emissions 50% from our baseline by 2025, and achieving carbon neutrality by 2040.
- We promote academic excellence in our efforts to improve the air quality and comfort of our buildings.
- We support sustainability teaching and learning across diverse schools.
- We champion ideas that advance innovation, education, social justice through our Green Grants program, which has granted over $1 million in funding since its inception.
- We engage our community through trainings, student opportunities, and resources.
Why We’re Here
NYU is a values-driven institution and our community cares about our role in bringing solutions to the climate crisis. Over the years, NYU students, faculty, administrators, and staff have been identifying ways to innovate and implement sustainable change for our institution. From the first meeting of the Sustainability Task Force, which was started by an NYU student and precedes the establishment of the Office of Sustainability, to the naming of NYU's first ever Chief Sustainability Officer, NYU has made impressive strides.