New York University Skip to Content Skip to Search Skip to Navigation Skip to Sub Navigation

Health Requirements

Students attending NYU must complete the following requirements by the specified deadlines.  

Student Immunization History Form

Immunization documentation is required by the State of New York of all students (graduate, undergraduate, transfers, and returning students who, to date, have not complied) taking six or more credits in a degree-granting institution must provide proof of immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella and acknowledge receipt of information regarding meningococcal disease or provide proof of meningococcal vaccine.


Must provide one of the following to comply with this requirement:

Certification from a Health Care Provider or other acceptable evidence that you have received (2) MMR vaccines

Or evidence of immunity by history of disease for measles or mumps only and proof of immunity by vaccination or blood test to rubella

Or serological evidence for measles, mumps, and rubella (blood test proving immunity)

Meningococcal Meningitis*

Undergraduate Students: Date of vaccination for Meningoccal Meningitis (A,C,W,Y).

Graduate Students: Acknowledgement that you have received information about the disease for Meningococcal Meningitis.

* If you are over 21 and NOT living in a residence hall, you may petition to be excluded from this requirement by completing the Meningitis decline section on the Student Immunization History form.

If you are not in full compliance, New York State requires that the University exclude you from attending classes 30 days after the first day of class for New York State residents and 45 days after the first day of class for out-of-state and international students.

Failure to comply with the requirement will result in the following:

  • Your being de-enrolled (dropped) from and unable to attend classes
  • If you are de-enrolled, you will not be eligible to receive a refund of any portion of your tuition
  • If you live on campus, you will be required to vacate your residence hall
  • You will be prevented from entering campus buildings
  • Your student ID card will be deactivated

Contact with any questions

Student Health History Form

All new and transfer students must complete the Student Health History form (online). The information will help us better understand your health needs and assist us in providing you with the best care and treatment.

For information on how to access and complete the form please read the  Health History Form Guide.

Please Note: You will not be able to access this form until you are an enrolled student

Contact with any questions

Think About It

Complete Think About It an online education course on sexual misconduct prevention and response at NYU. Students will receive an email in early July with detailed instructions.

If you do not comply, you will not be able to register for classes for the following semester.

Contact info:

AlcoholEdu for College Part 1 of 2

Students will receive an email in early July with instructions to complete this online course on alcohol and other drugs.

Who has to complete the course?
All incoming undergraduate students are required to take the course -- even those who have taken it at another institution, are over 21, or do not drink alcohol for personal, health, religious or other reasons. All NYU students will benefit from a shared basic knowledge of the effects of alcohol, potential problems, ways to reduce risk, and resources to help ourselves and others.

Contact info

Treatment of a Minor Form

Submit this form granting parental consent to treat your student if under 18 years of age.

Contact with any questions

Student Health Insurance

Your student must elect one of NYU’s student health insurance plans, or opt to waive NYU’s plans and use other commensurate coverage.

Students who waive NYU’s health insurance in favor of coverage under a family or other plan must have their own insurance card and review their plan coverage in New York City. Students who waive coverage still have access to the NYU Student Health Center, however check with your insurance carrier for in-network/out-of-network costs.

AlcoholEdu for College Part 2 of 2

Students will receive an email on September 14, with instructions to complete Part 2.

Contact info


If a student has a chronic medical condition or is in treatment with a psychotherapist and/or psychiatrist, please let us know using the health history form. You can also submit relevant medical records to Health Information Management Services. A college health specialist will connect your student with appropriate support services at the Student Health Center or with local providers. Please ensure that this happens prior to the start of the semester.  

If you need assistance connecting to services, contact the Wellness Exchange.

Obtain prescription refills prior to arriving at NYU. Student should bring the original prescription(s) with them so they can be refilled at the Student Health Center Pharmacy.

Tuition insurance is available and is recommended to protect against unanticipated financial consequences if a student must request a leave of absence because of physical and/or psychological illness. For more information please visit There are important exclusions, so please read the policy very carefully.

Learn 10 things parents should know about student health at NYU

Submission Deadlines for Forms:

  • For the Fall semester: August 1
  • For the Spring semester: January 15
  • For the Summer semester: May 15

De-enrollent Dates for Fall 2016:

  • NY State Residents: October 5
  • Out-of-State and International Students: October 20


You must contact us immediately to resolve the issue and ensure that you will not be de-enrolled. We are available by phone at (212) 443-1199, by e-mail at or in person 10am-6pm, Monday-Friday at:

Student Health Center
Immunization Record Services

726 Broadway, 3rd Floor, Room 336

* Do not wait until the last minute. Processing the information takes some time. *

If you cannot locate your immunization records and need to be vaccinated to fulfill the requirement, you can be vaccinated at the Student Health Center's Allergy and Immunology Department for a modest charge. You can also be vaccinated at an NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene clinic.

Submit required documentation to:

NYU Student Health Center
Immunization Record Services

726 Broadway, Room 336
New York, NY 10003-9502

Or fax to (212) 443-1198.

Abu Dhabi Health Requirements
Shanghai Health Requirements
NYU Footer