There are people all around you who can help, and there are various ways to file a report. If you want to talk to a confidential resource and ask questions about what it means to file a report, contact the Wellness Exchange or the Center for Sexual and Relationship Respect Services at (212) 443-9999.

How to Report an Incident

Report an Incident to NYU

Once you file a report with NYU, you may request that the matter remain private or that no investigation be conducted. However, NYU will balance that request against its commitment to a safe learning, living, and working environment for all community members. For more information about such a request, consult the Sexual Misconduct, Relationship Violence, and Stalking Policy.

OPTION A: Call NYU Campus Safety

Call (212) 998-2222 to report an incident and get immediate assistance from Campus Safety. The Department of Campus Safety will share your report with NYU's Title IX Coordinator, who can help start an investigation. If you choose to, an NYU Special Victims Liaison also can help you file a police report, which will begin a criminal investigation.

OPTION B: Contact the Title IX Coordinator

Call the Office of Equal Opportunity at (212) 998-2352 during normal business hours to begin an official report of a sexual misconduct incident. You also may complete the brief and secure Sexual Misconduct Report Form that is reviewed by NYU's Title IX Coordinator and the Office of Equal Opportunity. If you complete the online form, you will be contacted within 48 hours.

For more reporting options at NYU, please consult the Sexual Misconduct, Relationship Violence, and Stalking Policy.

Report an Incident to Local Authorities

OPTION A: In New York and Washington, DC

You have the right and option to call or visit local law enforcement to report an incident and to seek an order of protection. Doing so will begin a criminal investigation. To contact local law enforcement in the case of an emergency or to file a report, call 911. If you want counseling and guidance during this process, a Crisis Response Counselor from the Wellness Exchange can accompany you to the police department in New York, as can the Special Victims Liaison from the NYU Department of Campus Safety.

OPTION B: In NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU Shanghai, or at Other Global Sites

For information on reporting an incident globally, consult our resource guide.

Call the Wellness Exchange Hotline at (212) 443-9999 or chat via the app anytime and ask for a Crisis Response Counselor (CRC). They can talk through your medical, mental health, and legal options and meet with you in person. Available 24 hours a day, every day.