Getting Started at NYU
New PI Checklist
Complete the Laboratory Move-in Checklist
All PIs must complete the laboratory Move-In Checklist (.DOC 69KB) and submit a copy to their safety contact or faciltiy manager. Please contact RLS to complete an initial walk through when complete.
Create Your Virtual Lab
- Contact email@example.com to have your virtual lab created. Be sure to provide the RLS rep with all room numbers associated with your lab.
- Once this is completed you will be able to log in to BioRAFT and will be prompted to set-up your virtual lab via the BioRAFT Set-Up Wizard (PDF: 3MB).
- When adding lab member profiles be sure to select the appropriate job activities for each individual. This will identify each members training requirements.
- Each lab member can also add themselves to your virtual lab by utilizing the "self-register" option. Please Review the appropriate Quick Guides for more information.
- Add all chemicals and equipment to your vitual lab. You may use the BioRAFT Quick Guides, located on the right hand of this screen, to assist in this process.
Complete Required Safety Training
All lab members including the PI must complete all required general safety training courses. Course requirements, frequency, and delivery methods can be found on the Safety Training Page.
Intro training course are condcuted in-person or via Zoom. Annual rerfresher courses are completed online within BioRAFT. Please review the training page for more information.
Complete Laboratory Self-Inspection
Complete a laboratory self-inspection in BioRAFT to ensure your lab meets regulatory safety requirements. Contact RLS if you have any questions regarding your labs set-up or if you may need safety signage such as Biohazard stickers.
Self Inspection in BioRAFT
- From the lab view select Self Inspections
- Click Add a New Self Inpsection
- From the inspection type dropdown select the appropriate Checklist for your lab. If you have a Biosafety Level 1/2 lab you may need to do this checklist
- If you have set up you lab properly all lab spaces you are associated with will populate in the Inspected Groups box
- Select the rooms or spaces to be inspected
- Click Inspect
- Go through the checklist only select items that are deficient/require a corrective action
- Once done select Save