Daily COVID-19 Screener for Campus Access
All NYU students, faculty, employees, affiliates, visitors, and vendors entering NYU academic and administrative buildings, regardless of vaccination status, are required to complete a daily questionnaire prior to leaving for campus, called the Daily COVID-19 Screener for Campus Access (Daily Screener), via NYU Mobile or on a computer.
After completing the Daily Screener, you will receive either a green “PASS” to enter an NYU building or red “FAIL” and be directed not to enter an NYU building. This confirmation will be emailed to you and must be presented to the Public Safety Officer at the building entrance, either on your phone's screen, tablet, laptop, or in printed form.
Do not proceed to campus if you do not receive authorization.
Access to the Daily Screener
To access the Daily Screener students, faculty, and employees must have uploaded and had their vaccination verified or have obtained and received the results of a Binx or NYU BioReference COVID-19 test within the prior 14 days. Those in the NYU community who have not had their vaccination verified or have tested and received results through Binx or BioReference will not be able to complete the Daily Screener – thereby not being permitted to enter NYU buildings.
Visitors, vendors, and affiliates must also attest to having received a negative PCR diagnostic text within the prior 14 days. Those that have not will not be permitted to complete the Daily Screener and will not be able to enter NYU buildings. Learn more on the Campus Visitors page.
Your Testing and Building Access Status
After successfully entering your NetID and password, students, faculty, and employees will be presented with a testing and building access status screen. You can view this status screen at any time. If you wish to check your status but do not need to complete the Daily Screener simply close the Daily Screener when you are done viewing your status.
You will not see this testing and building access status if:
- you are a visitors, vendors, or affiliate,
- you have not tested through NYU’s Community Testing program, or
- your uploaded vaccination record has been verified.
- Any employee who has difficulty completing the Daily Screener at home, before they leave for work, should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Students, contact email@example.com.
- Visitors, vendors, or affiliates having difficulty completing the Daily Screener should contact the Extended Community Support Team.
- Please Note: Do not take the Daily Screener unless you intend to enter a NYU facility for the day.
Receiving Authorization to Proceed to Campus
- Soon after completing the screener, you will receive a date-stamped email with a green “PASS” or a red “FAIL” directing you to stay home. A member of the COVID-19 Prevention & Response Team will reach out to students, faculty, and employees if you do not pass the screener.
- Public Safety Officers will ask to see this confirmation email at the building entrance, either on your phone's screen, tablet, laptop, or in printed form.
- Do not proceed to an NYU building if you do not receive the green "pass" authorization.
Entering an NYU building without having first successfully completed the Daily Screener could result in your card being deactivated, barring you from entering NYU facilities.
- On your first violation, you will receive an automatic email informing you to complete the Daily Screener before entering any NYU building or risk losing building access;
- The second instance will result in your ID card being deactivated. You will then be unable to enter academic and administrative NYU buildings until your contact your school’s HR officer (for school administrators), school chief of staff (for faculty), unit lead (for other employees), or the Office of Student Conduct (for students).