Daily COVID-19 Screener for Campus Access
The Daily Screener is a key part of the protocols NYU uses to combat the spread of COVID-19. NYU students, faculty, employees, affiliates, visitors, and vendors, regardless of vaccination status, are required to use the NYU Daily COVID-19 Screener for Campus Access (Daily Screener) each day, prior to leaving home, if you plan to enter an NYU academic or administrative building.
When you use the Daily Screener, you will receive a determination for that day.
- If you receive a green “PASS,” you will show this to the Campus Safety Officer at the building entrance each time you enter an NYU academic or administrative building.
- If you receive a red “FAIL,” you will not be permitted to enter NYU academic or administrative buildings.
- If you receive a yellow “PASS”, your access to buildings will be limited, and will exclude common buildings, including Bobst Library, Kimmel, dining, theatre facilities, sports and recreation facilities (unless you work there).
We recommend taking a screenshot of your day's determination; however, your determination will also be emailed to you and must be presented to the Campus Safety Officer at the building entrance, either on your phone's screen, tablet, laptop, or in printed form.
Do not proceed to campus if you do not receive authorization.
Daily Screener Essentials
- You must complete the Daily Screener each day you plan to enter NYU buildings.
- Complete your Daily Screener before you leave your room/apartment/home to avoid experiencing slowness or causing a bottleneck at building entrances.
- For best results, do the Daily Screener where you have a strong wifi connection. Moving from cellular service to wifi may negatively impact your experience.
- Remember: if you accidentally close your authorization screen on your smartphone, you can find a duplicate in your NYU email.
Access to the Daily Screener
To access the Daily Screener students, faculty, and employees must have uploaded and had their vaccination verified or have obtained and received the results of a Binx or NYU BioReference COVID-19 test within the prior 7 days. Those in the NYU community who have not had their vaccination verified or have not tested and received results through Binx or BioReference will not be able to complete the Daily Screener – thereby not being permitted to enter NYU buildings.
Your Testing and Building Access Status
After successfully entering your NetID and password, students, faculty, and employees will be presented with a testing and building access status screen. You can view this status screen at any time. If you wish to check your status but do not need to complete the Daily Screener simply close the Daily Screener when you are done viewing your status.
You will not see this testing and building access status if:
- you are a visitors, vendors, or affiliate,
- you have not tested through NYU’s Community Testing program, or
- your uploaded vaccination record has been verified.
- Any employee who has difficulty completing the Daily Screener at home, before they leave for work, should contact email@example.com. Students, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visitors, vendors, or affiliates having difficulty completing the Daily Screener should contact the Extended Community Support Team.
- Please Note: Do not take the Daily Screener unless you intend to enter a NYU facility for the day.
- You should complete the survey before you leave for campus.
Using the NYU Mobile App
- Open the NYU Mobile App on your device.
- Tap the button for "Daily Screener."
- Enter the requested information. Affiliates, vendors, and visitors will be asked to completed a few additional questions. NYU students, faculty, and employees will not see any questions.
Receiving Authorization to Proceed to Campus
- Soon after completing the screener, you will receive a date-stamped email with a green “PASS”, a yellow limited “PASS”, or a red “FAIL” directing you to stay home. A member of the COVID-19 Prevention & Response Team will reach out to students, faculty, and employees if you do not pass the screener.
- Campus Safety Officers will ask to see this confirmation email at the building entrance, either on your phone's screen, tablet, laptop, or in printed form.
- Do not proceed to an NYU building if you do not receive either the green or yellow limited "pass" authorization.