Proof of Vaccination: Upload Instructions
All NYU students, faculty, and employees who are fully vaccinated are required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination through the Student Health Center's Portal after receiving their final dose. Those vaccinated by NYU on campus do not need to upload their record.
Below you will find detailed instructions on how to upload your vaccination record. You may use any internet-enabled computer or mobile device to do so. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Jump to instructions:
Updated: June 10
On the next screen, enter your eight-digit University ID number (N number). This can be found on the back of your NYU Card.
Upon successful login, you will see the home screen.
Students may conduct a number of functions within the health portal.
Faculty/employees will only need to use the health portal to upload COVID-19 vaccination records or to schedule a COVID-19 vaccination if offered.
Depending on the size of your browser, you may need to first click the menu button in the upper-left corner of the screen.
Click or tap Medical Clearances from the menu.
Note: students will see more options in the menu than faculty and employees.
Find the row for COVID-19 Vaccine.
- Students will see several items on this screen.
- Employees will only see COVID-19 Vaccine.
Press the Update button.
Press the Upload button.
Select the image(s) of your vaccine card that you want to upload from your device. Be sure your birth date is visible, and your image(s) include all doses of the vaccine.
You can upload a photo or scanned copy of your vaccine card.
- If you have documentation on two different vaccine cards make sure you upload both cards, or if its on front and back, include both sides. For most, you will only upload the front of one card.
- Excelsior Passes are not accepted. Official documentation must contain name, birthdate, dates of doses, and the vaccine manufacturer.
- Documentation must also be provided in English.
You may edit your image to ensure legibility (i.e. rotate image, increase contrast, etc.) using the Edit Image button. You may also remove the image by using the Cancel Upload button.
Once your image is ready, select Looks Good to upload.
Scroll the form to enter the dates and type of vaccine you received.
- If you received the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine, you will enter one date.
- If you received the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, enter the dates you received your first and second doses.
- Please wait until you receive both doses before completing this process.
Once completed, select Done.
After you complete the process, it will take our team about five business days to review your information.
If you see...
Status: Not Compliant
Details: Awaiting Review
...this means we received your information, and will review. If there are questions, our team will email you directly.
If you see...
...your COVID-19 vaccine record has been successfully uploaded, reviewed, and there is no further action needed.
- Once your vaccination upload has been verified, it will take approximately 90 minutes for your vaccination status to be reflected within the Daily Screener.
- It must also be 14 days after your last vaccine dose before your status will be reflected in the Daily Screener. Until then, you must continue to keep up your COVID testing in order to have access to buildings.
If you need access to campus and are unsure whether your vaccination will be verified in time, please consider using an NYU Binx or NYU-BioReference test at least 3-5 days before you need to be on campus to ensure you will have access.