Report Your Vaccination
NYU is requiring all vaccinated members of the University community*—students, faculty, and employees—to promptly upload proof of their vaccination (e.g. an image of their vaccine card) and related information through the SHC Portal after being fully vaccinated.
Students returning to campus for Fall 2021 must submit proof of vaccination by July 19.
Faculty and employees must submit proof of vaccination by August 1.
As of June 7, students, faculty, and employees who are fully vaccinated, have uploaded their proof of vaccination, and had it validated will be exempt from NYU’s ongoing Community Testing program and quarantining following close contact exposure to someone with COVID-19 (assuming no symptoms). Proof of vaccination is now tied to the Daily Screener and NYU building access.
Regardless of vaccination status, anyone with close contact exposure and/or symptoms of COVID-19 are still required to complete the self-report form.
* For anyone vaccinated through the on-campus program (not including NYU Langone), we will automatically maintain records of your vaccination.
Updated: June 15
Throughout the period of the pandemic, our decision-making has been guided by science and the goal of keeping each other safe. The science tells us that vaccination is vitally important to our goals while allowing us to ease campus restrictions and return to in-person activities. For these reasons, it is very important that NYUers who will be on campus in the fall get vaccinated, and it is required that every one who is vaccinated submit proof of vaccination.
Proof of vaccination is now tied to the Daily Screener and NYU building access.
Uploading your proof of vaccination is important and doesn’t take long, so please do it promptly after receiving the final dose of any FDA or World Health Organization (WHO) authorized vaccines (e.g., the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or the first and only dose of the Johnson and Johnson/Janssen vaccine).
- Log in to the SHC Portal with your Net ID, password, and University ID number (8-digit N number). Your University ID number is on the back of your NYU ID card.
- Select "Medical Clearances" in the menu
- Find the row for "COVID-19 Vaccine"
- Upload a photo or scanned copy of the front of your vaccine card
- Manually enter the dates and type of vaccine you received
- You're done!