Compliance with Safety and Health Rules
Updated: August 31
The University strictly enforces safety and health rules. To that end, the University established various means of reporting noncompliance for all members of the NYU community. Any community member (faculty, staff, or student) may report noncompliant behavior via the University’s dedicated email alias, firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to using the email@example.com email, students may report noncompliant behavior to their Resident Assistant (RA) or to their school’s Dean of Students.
In addition to using the firstname.lastname@example.org email, faculty may report student compliance in the following ways:
- Contacting their school’s Dean of Students
- Reporting it to the Office of Student Conduct
- Flagging the noncompliant student on NYU Connect (see instructions for NYU Connect).
- Faculty can raise a flag in NYU Connect when they want to notify a student’s advisor or other administrators about a concern or need for additional support, including non compliance with the University’s public health guidelines.
- Faculty can also add comments to the flag to provide additional context and share important details.
- Faculty on the NY campus may also contact the Student Affairs support line at 212-995-3388 (M-Th, 9am to 7pm; F, 9am to 5pm, ET), or by emailing email@example.com, to connect with a Student Affairs professional team member who will help address the situation in a timely fashion.
Faculty non-compliance can be reported to department chairs or dean’s offices. Faculty may report staff noncompliance to their dean’s offices or Human Resource Officers.
Staff and Administrators
In addition to using the firstname.lastname@example.org email, staff members may report noncompliance to their supervisor or Human Resource Officer. Staff may report student noncompliance in the same ways that faculty can (listed above).