NYU Reopening and Operating Plan for COVID-19
In accordance with guidance from New York State’s Department of Health, NYU prepared and submitted a COVID-19 Reopening and Operating Plan. Our plan, which describes some of the ways in which the University has adapted to the COVID-19 era, is informed by the following guiding principles:
- Creating layers of safety
- Fulfilling our academic mission; maintaining the highest standards of teaching and research
- Establishing multiple modes of learning, teaching, research, and working
- Responding flexibly and quickly to an evolving public health landscape
- Creating a flexible fall-spring-summer schedule
- Advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, and enhancing pathways to success for marginalized and/or vulnerable members of the NYU community
- Using NYU’s Global sites to provide access to those who cannot enter the U.S.
As the public health landscape shifts, and if local, state, or federal guidance changes, we will modify our plans. However, our top priority will not change: protecting the health, safety, and well-being of our NYU community, and of our neighbors in New York City and across the state.
We recognize that COVID-19's effects have been disparate, and its impacts on poor communities and communities of color have been especially painful. In our response to the coronavius, NYU is committed to mitigating those impacts as well as ensuring no one in our community is ostracized, bullied, or mistreated due to ignorance around this disease. If any member of our community believes they have experienced harassment or discrimination, we encourage them to report concerns to the Bias Response Line.