Visited a Local COVID-19 Hotspot Within the Last Week? We’d Like You to Be Tested
TO: The NYU Community
FROM: Dr. Carlo Ciotoli, MD, Executive Lead, NYU COVID-19 Prevention & Response Team
DATE: October 1, 2020
We are concerned about a number of neighborhoods in NYC and nearby counties north of the city that are experiencing COVID-19 case rates significantly higher than the surrounding area.
If you spent any time in the last week in the following nine NYC neighborhoods, which all had positivity rates in excess of 3.0%…:
- Bensonhurst/Mapleton, Brooklyn (11204)
- Borough Park, Brooklyn (11219)
- Flatlands, Brooklyn (11210)
- Gerritsen Beach/Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn (11229)
- Gravesend/Homecrest, Brooklyn (11223)
- Midwood, Brooklyn (11230)
- Edgemere/Far Rockaway, Queens (11691)
- Kew Gardens, Queens (11415)
- Kew Gardens Hills/Pomonock (11367)
…or in the following three zip codes in Rockland and Orange Counties:
- In Orange County - 10950
- In Rockland County - 10952
- In Rockland County - 10977
…we would like you to get tested for COVID-19 next week, whether or not it is your scheduled week. You should pick up a Binx saliva test kit, and then activate it, complete it, and return it early next week.
If you cannot pick up a test, please complete this form today.
If you have visited one of these neighborhoods/zip codes and you are feeling sick, do not go to work or class; notify the COVID-19 Prevention & Response Team as soon as possible at this link. If you need non-urgent medical care, students should promptly contact the Student Health Center; employees should promptly contact their healthcare provider.
If you have not been to any of the areas listed above, please keep on your existing testing schedule.
Thanks for your cooperation. Let’s keep each other safe.