ACTION REQUIRED: Anime Convention COVID-19 Testing
Date: December 5, 2021
To: Registered members of NYU Anime Club
From: The NYU COVID-19 Prevention & Response Team
AThe NYU COVID-19 Prevention & Response Team (CPRT) is reaching out to all NYU students who are registered members of the NYU Anime Club.
NY Governor Hochul urges anyone who attended the Anime NYC Convention at the Javits Center from November 19-21 to get a COVID test. Out of an abundance of caution, CPRT recommends that you get a PCR test ASAP (if you have not already tested since Nov 26) and follow the guidance below to help protect yourself and others.
You are expected to get a PCR test as soon as possible, even if you are fully vaccinated. Do not get a rapid (antigen) test, as they do not produce reliable results when you don’t have symptoms.
Testing through NYU
If you do not have any symptoms, you can pick up and drop off a Binx test kit or schedule a test at the NYU BioReference testing site (Jeffrey S. Gould Welcome Center at 50 West 4th Street) at no charge.
Testing at Non-NYU Sites
You can also get tested at any accredited health care facility, public health agency, or pharmacy that is closer to your home:
- NYC Health and Hospitals Testing Sites (these sites have quick turnaround for getting the test result)
- NYC DOH COVID testing site (you can search by any address or state/county/zip code, including areas outside of NY)
- New Jersey Testing
- Connecticut Testing
- Washington DC Testing
- Los Angeles Testing
When You Receive Your Test Result
- If you test positive: You must complete the COVID-19 reporting form immediately so the CPRT can act quickly to reduce the spread of COVID-19 to others. Stay home, do not come to campus, class, or participate in any in-person activities, and do not use public transportation. After you submit the form, the next available CPRT member will contact you with next steps and guidance.
- If you test negative: No additional action is required. You do not need to submit your negative test result to NYU.
Additional Precautions Until You Receive a Negative Test Result
- You should wear a mask in all public indoor settings on- and off-campus (masks are already required in all indoor settings on-campus).
- We strongly recommend that you not participate in any gatherings that involve people who are not wearing masks (such as gatherings that involve eating or drinking).
Access to NYU Buildings and Activities
While your test is pending, you may continue to access campus buildings and activities as usual. Your NYU ID card will remain active.
Monitor Yourself for Symptoms
If you currently have, or develop COVID-19 symptoms, even mild symptoms, at any time, stay home and complete the COVID-19 reporting form to notify the CPRT. If you have symptoms, stay home, do not come to campus, class, or participate in any in-person activities, and do not use public transportation or taxis/car share services.
If you need medical care:
- NY-based Students: Make an appointment at the Student Health Center or call (212) 443-1000 and ask to speak with a nurse.
- If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911.
Thank you for doing your part in keeping the NYU community safe.