Campus Affiliates, Vendors, and Visitors
Whether you’re a potential student planning to visit NYU, a contractor with an assignment on campus, a parent/guardian hoping to visit your student’s room, or a vendor needing to conduct work in person, NYU has continued using strict standards to limit campus access through at least the beginning of the fall 2021 semester.
Affiliates, vendors, and visitors are—with rare exceptions—not permitted to participate in events, meetings, and gatherings until further notice. Event organizers seeking to host an event, meeting, or gathering that includes affiliates, vendors, and/or visitors must use the events requirements exception process. Please note that this requirement does not apply to the classroom, dining halls, residence halls, or offices/workspaces, where different rules apply.
Guiding Principle: Limited Access for Safety
- Only affiliates, vendors, and visitors whose in-person presence is essential to the University’s academic mission and core operations will be granted access to NYU buildings. To that end, NYU has established an exceptions process, detailed below, to permit campus access for those essential affiliates, vendors, and visitors.
- When possible, in-person appointments, demos, meetings, and/or sessions involving affiliates, vendors, and visitors should take place virtually.
- All members of the NYU community—including affiliates, vendors, and visitors—must be fully vaccinated, and upload proof of vaccination, in order to enter NYU buildings.
- Beginning August 30, 2021, affiliates, vendors, and visitors who are not in compliance with NYU’s vaccination requirements will not have access to NYU buildings.
Affiliates, vendors, and visitors must meet the same vaccination requirements as students, faculty, and employees: they must be fully vaccinated before coming to campus. Campus visits now require advance planning and adherence to the following practices:
- All affiliates, vendors, and visitors MUST be sponsored by an NYU employee. Sponsors should visit here: NYU Affiliate, Vendor and Visitor Access Request Forms
- All affiliates, vendors, and visitors must upload proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 no later than 72 hours in advance of visiting campus or claim a valid medical or religious exemption.
- Once approved to be on campus, affiliates, vendors, and visitors will be required to use the Daily Screener each day they intend to enter NYU buildings.
Vendors and Visitors
If you do not have an NYU NetID (ex. prospective student, guest, or contracted to perform a service).
If you need to sponsor an affiliate, vendor, or visitor essential for University operations.
If you are having trouble or if you are unable to successfully complete a requirement, contact the NYU Extended Community Support Team.
We recognize that COVID-19's effects have been disparate, and its impacts on poor communities and communities of color have been especially painful. In our response to the coronavius, NYU is committed to mitigating those impacts as well as ensuring no one in our community is ostracized, bullied, or mistreated due to ignorance about this disease.