Updated: July 14
Laundry facilities will continue to be available. Students are encouraged to following the practices below:
- Use a laundry bag instead of a basket.
- Go during off hours or reserve a time.
- Observe social distancing.
- Wash your hands before and after washing your clothes.
- Wipe down controls and handles before and after use.
- If you have the option, use a card or contactless device to pay for the machine.
- Don’t shake dirty laundry before putting it in the machine.
- Don’t leave soiled clothing or baskets on top of machines or tables.
- Toss your laundry bag in with your clothes to give it a cleaning.
- Wash your garments with soap and the warmest water possible.
- Do not overload the machine.
- Set your timer. Leave the room while waiting for your clothes to wash or dry and return just before time is up.
- Don’t leave cleaning residues (like bleach) that could damage other people’s clothing.
- Dry items at the highest temperature possible and dry them completely.
- Don’t leave the dryer door open when not in use.
- If using a basket or hamper, be sure to disinfect it before filling it with clean clothes.
- Wash your hands after finishing the laundry.