Updated: August 29
As of fall 2021, NYU Dining facilities will resume seated dining operations ( with space reserved for physically distanced seating) and maintain grab-and-go dining options. The safest option remains getting your food to go and eating outdoors.
All dining locations have fully incorporated the recommended CDC and NY State (PDF) guidelines for hygiene, cleaning, and disinfection, and all dining associates will follow the mandated screening NY State guidelines and PPE requirements.
In order to keep each other safe, we ask that our community members observe the following practices before and while visiting our dining facilities:
- Daily Screener Green “PASS”: as with other campus buildings, a Daily Screener green “PASS” screen must be shown before entering any dining facility
- Wear Your Mask: Except for when you are eating or drinking, keep your mask on, including in line, before you start eating, after you finish eating (in other words, as much as possible).
- Prepare Online: To minimize time spent in the dining hall, customers are encouraged to view menus online at NYUEats.com or the NYU Mobile app prior to visiting the location.
- Grab & Go: To reduce time spent indoors in the dining facilities, diners are encouraged to consider Grab & Go options, which are available at every facility.
- Opt for Quick Pick Up: Pre-ordering through the Grubhub app is required for purchasing food at Upstein and Bridgeview Market (there is no seating available at these locations), and is also available at U-Hall, Palladium, Marketplace at Kimmel, Sidestein, Jasper Kane Cafe, Café 370 (Brooklyn), Starbucks, Dunkin’ and Peet’s.
- Wash Up: Please wash your hands and/or sanitize prior to visiting the dining location.
- Follow the Plan: When you arrive at the dining location, please observe the designated entrance and exits, queue and physical distancing requirements, which will be outlined by floor decals, signage and dining hall associates.
- Wait to remove your face covering until you are ready to eat. It is recommended that you put your mask in a personal bag, rather than on a common area surface.
- Don’t Linger: You should spend a minimal amount of time, approximately 15 minutes, in the eating areas of the dining hall – the shortest time necessary to eat your meal, which will reduce the amount of time that people are in indoor spaces together with other people without masks.
- Be considerate: Please leave the space clean when you leave and deposit all empty containers in the proper receptacle.
- Use Dining Hall Reusables: To avoid contamination, please do not bring your own containers or bottles into the dining locations.
- Keep Cash at Home: Check out will be contactless and cashless. Customers can use NYU Meal Plans, Campus Cash or a credit/debit card.
* Starbucks, while open to the public for take out orders, will not have seating during the fall 2021 semester.