Making your way around campus may require a bit more effort and attention, but it is part of our effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Please be aware of new signage marking designated entrances and exits.
- Keep an eye out for direction markers on floor or spacing markers.
- Hand sanitizers will be available at building entrances—we encourage you to sanitize regularly.
- Hover your ID card (no need to touch the scanner).
- Take the stairs when you're going to a lower floor.
- Budget extra time to get to class or your office—there may be a line to get into the building.
We are reducing density in NYU facilities by:
- Setting in place enrollment and space capacity caps, adjusting class schedules, ensuring classroom occupancy remains below 50% of total capacity, reconfiguring classrooms, and only using classrooms in which students and faculty can maintain 6-foot distancing.
- Prohibiting all non-essential, large, in-person gatherings at the start of the semester. The possibility of safely gathering for purposes such as social events or informal get-togethers will be re-assessed regularly throughout the semester.
- Assigning fewer students to our residence halls and securing additional suitable off-campus accommodations.
- Changing seating and how meals are served in dining facilities, including expanding take-out options.
- Having units and schools plan for a reduced in-person administrative presence and continued telework by staff and administrators while ensuring that high priority activities — teaching and learning, duties performed by essential employees, research activity, supporting students’ return to campus — are fully covered.