For the 2021-2022 academic year, NYU has put in place specific restrictions for campus access designed to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Anybody who wishes to enter campus buildings or attend university-sponsored events is required to get vaccinated plus upload and have their proof of vaccination validated as a part of the steps below.
1. Be permitted on campus
All students—new and returning NYU students—enrolled or maintaining matriculation are automatically permitted. Students registered at any campus are included.
All faculty and employees from any NYU location may return to campus.
Visitors, vendors, and affiliates of NYU must be pre-approved to be on campus and can find more information about requesting access on the Campus Visitors page.
2. Get vaccinated and upload your proof
The University requires that all members of the NYU community be vaccinated against COVID-19 plus upload and have their proof of vaccination validated in order to access NYU buildings. This includes all students, faculty, employees, vendors, and affiliates. NYU students, faculty, and employees who are not fully vaccinated are required to participate in Required Ongoing NYU testing.
3. Use the Daily Screener BEFORE leaving home
Use the Daily Screener before you leave for campus while your internet connection is consistent and feel free to take a screenshot of your “PASS" confirmation so as not to hold up the line waiting to get into a building.
NOTE: it is important to repeat again, you should complete the screener while you are still home. Do not wait until you are in transit or arrive on campus.
- NYU students who have failed to comply with the University’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement
- Faculty and employees who have not complied with the vaccination requirement but participate in ongoing testing as required will lose access to certain facilities and events, and should only enter facilities they work in (learn more)
- Failure to participate in ongoing testing when required
- Failure to use the Daily Screener each day before you enter an NYU building, especially if you are not fully vaccinated
- Violations of NYU's safety protocols, such as failure to wear a mask
- You are deemed to pose a COVID-19 risk to the community (for example you test positive for COVID-19)