Athletics, Recreation, and Fitness
In fall 2021, NYU will begin a phased full reopening of its athletic facilities, providing initial access to students only. Palladium Athletic Facility (PAF) and Brooklyn Athletic Facility (BAF) will be open at the start of the moving-in process for students in the Residence Halls. 404 Fitness will resume operations on or about September 7, following the completion of renovations.
All people entering an NYU athletics facility must be fully vaccinated and display a Vax Pass upon entry. Those who are not fully vaccinated (see here for a description of what is needed to qualify as fully vaccinated)—including those with approved medical and religious exemptions—will not be permitted into NYU recreation and fitness centers. Virtual offerings will be available to those who are unable to access the athletic facilities in person.
- August 28–September 1: PAF and BAF will be open on limited hours for students only
- Mon–Fri: 9:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Sat/Sun: 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- September 2–6: PAF and BAF will begin regular hours for students only
- BAF: 7:30 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
- PAF: 6:30 a.m.–11:00 p.m.
- BAF: 9:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- PAF: 7:30 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
- September 7–30: PAF, BAF and 404 Fitness will operate on regular hours for NYU community members only
- Mon–Fri: 7:30 a.m.–10:00 p.m.
- Sat/Sun: 9:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Varsity Athletics and Club & Intramural Sports will fully resume in Fall 2021, though activities may be subject to modification in response to emerging public health concerns.
- Vax Pass: All in-person intramural engagement will be limited to participants who are fully vaccinated and display the Vax Pass. Exempt Varsity and club athletes will be conditionally permitted to participate in practices and competitions.
- Spectators: Spectators will be prohibited from NYU Athletic department events at least through the month of September – either on campus or in any facility that we rent or lease to conduct student-athlete programming or events. This policy will be reviewed periodically and updates will be posted online.