Arriving to Campus
Updated: September 3
Whether you’re coming to NYU for the first time or returning to campus after studying or working remotely, there are a few things you should know before arriving on campus in Fall 2021.
All students (undergraduate, graduate, and professional), faculty, and employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to have access to NYU buildings for the 2021–22 academic year.
Fully vaccinated individuals are exempt from physical distancing, quarantining following close contact exposure to someone with COVID-19 (assuming no symptoms), and Ongoing Testing, but may be required to participate in Randomized Testing if selected.
For Fall 2021, the University requires that all members of the NYU community be fullly vaccinated against COVID-19 with an FDA-authorized or WHO-listed vaccine, and that they upload proof of vaccination. If you have an approved vaccination exemption or are not fully vaccinated yet, you must have a recent, negative COVID-19 PCR test result before entering NYU buildings or facilities.
- Receive the first vaccine dose;
- If you are moving into an NYU residence hall in the United States, you will be expected to get your first dose within 24 hours of your move-in.
- If you live off-campus, you should get your first dose upon arrival.
- Please note: you must wait at least 28 days after receiving the final dose of a non-FDA-authorized or a non-WHO-listed COVID-19 vaccine before you receive the first dose of an FDA-authorized or WHO-listed COVID-19 vaccine, so please plan accordingly relative to your arrival at NYU. If arranging this 28-day interval isn’t possible, please let us know of your status.
- Get tested with a PCR test 3-5 days after travel; and
- Quarantine for 10 days after travel if you don’t get tested on day 3-5 after arrival
- OR -
- Quarantine for a full 7 days after travel (except for testing, vaccination, and other essential medical appointments)
Information about moving into your residence hall, including move-in dates, what to bring, and policies for family and friends, will be announced on the Residential Life and Housing Services website.
All students, faculty, and employees must be compliant with NYU’s vaccine requirement and complete the Daily COVID-19 Screener to enter NYU buildings.
All students, faculty, and employees, regardless of vaccination status, entering NYU academic and administrative buildings are required to complete a daily questionnaire prior to leaving for campus. After completing the Daily Screener, you will receive either a green “PASS” to enter, a yellow limited “PASS”, or red “FAIL” and be directed not to enter an NYU building. This confirmation will also be emailed to you and must be presented to the Campus Safety Officer at the building entrance.
All students, faculty, and employees—regardless of vaccination status—who have symptoms of COVID-19, a diagnosis of COVID-19, or have had a close contact exposure to COVID-19 are required to complete the self-reporting form. After completing the form, the COVID-19 Prevention & Response Team will follow up with next steps and guidance. It is important that you stay home and avoid contact with others.