Scan & Reserve a Space
Updated: September 7
NYU’s Scan & Reserve mobile app is designed to help students find and book learning spaces, as well as locate a space where they can have a quick snack on campus safely and conveniently.
Learning spaces are designed for students who need a designated space to take an online class on campus. NYU safety and health protocols must be observed, including proper mask use. Note: The availability of electrical outlets varies by location.
- Use the NYU Scan & Reserve app to check in and check out (details below)
- Headphones and microphone use is required
- Eating is prohibited. You are permitted to lower your mask for a brief moment to sip water or another beverage.
- Bring your own device and charger
For students with in-person/on-line schedule adjacencies (back-to-back courses): advanced reservations have already been made for you! Look out for a confirmation email from the Registrar – you may need to show it to claim your seat. If you do not have an advanced reservation, you must still scan the QR code at the selected seat to ensure it is available.
Quick stop spaces are quiet spaces that can be located on the fly for eating and drinking on campus.
- Use the NYU Scan & Reserve app to find Quick Stop locations
- Reservations are not available and scan in and out is not required
- Furniture cannot be rearranged; chairs must remain 6 ft (2 m) apart and facing the same direction
- 15 minute time limit
- Talking and any other activity besides eating and drinking is not permitted
- Deposit all trash and recycling in the proper receptacle
Use of Scan & Reserve on the NYU Mobile app is required for NYU Learning Spaces. Please be prepared to show your NYUCard and Daily Screener, and to check in/out by scanning an on-site QR code. NYU safety and health protocols must be observed, including proper mask use.
- Present your Daily Screener green “PASS” authorization and NYUCard to enter the building
- Pick an available seat
- To begin your reservation, use your mobile device to scan the QR code using Scan & Reserve on the NYU Mobile app
- Please be sure to show up for your reserved time. If you can’t make it on time, please be courteous and cancel or modify your reservation so another student can use the seat.
While in a Space
- NYU safety and health protocols must be observed, including proper mask use. Only remove your mask briefly while drinking (or, in the case of Quick Stop spaces, when eating or drinking)
- Respect those around you and adhere to the talking rules pertaining to the space
- While in a space, do not leave your items unattended. The on-site staff is not responsible for watching your belongings
Leaving a Space
- Tap the “End Reservation” button in the Scan & Reserve app. This will prevent unnecessary contact tracing and free the space for other students
Canceling a Reservation
- If you do not intend to use an advance reservation, please use the Scan & Reserve app to cancel it so that the space is available to another student
- If you experience problems with the physical space, Student Community Space Assistants and Campus Safety Officers are available to answer questions and provide information. If you observe someone failing to follow guidelines, students can notify the on-site Community Space Assistant to address the situation, or report a university public health and safety violation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- For assistance with the NYU Scan & Reserve app, contact NYU@Kettlespace.com.
- For help with the NYU Mobile app, contact the NYU IT Service Desk at AskIT@nyu.edu or 212-998-3333.