Updated: August 19
Libraries are essential scholarly resources for a research university, as well as venues for quiet study and classes. In fall 2021, NYU's Libraries will be open to the NYU community, while adapting some practices and procedures to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Among specific actions:
- Physical library collections are open for direct access, including browsing and selecting materials to take home
- Physical items may be borrowed in person or ordered online for contactless pick up
- Expanded scanning and streaming services are available
- Reference, research consultation, and instruction are available as in person services, with additional remote options
- The Digital Studio offers limited, appointment-based onsite services, with additional remote options
- Course Reserves services are primarily digital
- Physical reference desks are open and a remote reference option is available at all times
- Limited remote learning space is available
- Accessibility Services is primarily remote with appointment-based access as needed
- Special Collections offers appointment-based onsite services, including reproduction, as well as limited remote appointments
- Printing or scanning services, group study rooms, and snack lounges are available
- Classrooms are open
Hours and Access:
- See Library Hours for details about each library location and NYU Returns: Library Spaces for information about access protocols.
- Visitor access policies will follow NYU guidelines for campus visitors. Please see the Libraries’ website for more information.