NYU Returns: Fall 2021
In fall 2021, with vaccination requirements in place for students, faculty, administrators, and staff, NYU resumed in-person classroom instruction, in-office administrative office operations, and most other pre-COVID activities. Against the backdrop of the lingering risks and uncertainty of COVID-19, we will continue to be guided in our decision-making by a focus on safety and health. The requirement for vaccination of NYU community members—both in New York City and at the majority of our Study Away sites in the US and abroad—remains at the heart of our planning as we carry out NYU’s research and teaching mission. Read more about our plans for academic year 2021-2022.
Updated: October 20
- Vaccine Booster Shots: Booster shots are available on campus to NYU community members who meet NYS eligibility criteria; schedule an appointment
- Experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, received a positive test, or been in close contact? Report these to the CPRT right away; report now
- Discretionary Testing is open to all students, faculty, and employees who wish to take a COVID-19 test at NYU (no more than once a week); learn how
- Randomized Testing of NYU community members—including those who are fully vaccinated—will help monitor for COVID-19 infections on campus; see more
- NYU Returns Webinars: view the latest webinar led by Dr. Carlo Ciotoli and Gigi Dopico on safety measures on campus for faculty
Safety and Health
NYU will continue to proceed cautiously in terms of revising restrictions and guidelines as the pandemic evolves. Keep each other safe with these regular activities.
New or Returning
Coming to campus for the first time (ever or in a long while) there are a few things you should prepare for.
Find answers to common questions about NYU's student, faculty, and employee vaccine requirements