Emergency Call Boxes
The Department of Campus Safety is continuing its commitment to the safety and security of the NYU community through its emergency call box system.
The 22 boxes provide a link to safety along well-traveled routes to, from, and within the New York campuses.
- One button triggers an immediate response from the 24/7/365 Campus Safety command center
- A strobe light flashes when emergency button is pushed
- A blue light at the top of the box illuminates the surrounding area
- Two-way communication allows our campus safety officer to speak directly with you
- Hard-wiring to the university communications system ensures a safe link to our command center
- NYU-distinct branding highlights the boxes against the New York City streetscape
You should push the emergency button if:
- You're feeling unsafe on campus.
- You feel your safety is being threatened.
- You feel as if you're being followed.
- You're experiencing an emergency.
- Your phone has died and you have an emergency.
What will happen when you push the emergency button:
- The emergency call box strobe light will flash, further illuminating the area.
- A member of the NYU Campus Safety team will answer your call and assist you in an emergency. The team is available 24/7/365.
Emergency Call Box Map
Emergency Call Boxes
- 111-113 2nd Avenue (front, Tisch School of the Arts)
- College of Dentistry (rear, East 25th Street)
- University Hall (Rear East 13th Street)
- 238 Thompson Street (corner of Washington Square South)
- 721-725 Broadway (Waverly Place between Broadway and Mercer Street)
- Furman Hall (on West 3rd Street between Sullivan Street and Thompson Street)
- Greene Street Walkway North (181 Mercer Rear)
- Greene Street Walkway South (181 Mercer Rear)
- Warren Weaver Hall (West 4th Street, Gould Plaza)
- Hayden Hall, 240 Mercer Street (at West 3rd Street)
- Houston Street Garage (half block West of Mercer Street)
- NYU Mail Services, 547 LaGuardia Place
- Schwartz Plaza at Shimkin Hall Entrance (between Washington Square South and West 3rd Street)
- Silver Center, 31 Washington Place
- Washington Square Village (at Wooster Street)
- Washington Square Village (playground)
- 1 Washington Square Village (on West 3rd Street)
- 2 Washington Square Village on Mercer Street
- Weinstein (rear, at Greene Street)
- Dental Courtyard 1 (Between 25th and 26th Streets, 1st Avenue)
- Dental Courtyard 2 (Between 25th and 26th Streets, 1st Avenue)
- 370 Jay Street at Pearl Street (Brooklyn)