Lost and Found
The Department of Campus Safety (DCS) is the central repository for valuables found by members of the NYU community. Our Property Control function keeps items safe and secure and we proactively work to return belongings to their owners in a prompt manner when feasible.
If you have lost an item, please email us at email@example.com for assistance. You can also call us at 212.998.1305 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays.
Pickup times for lost items are as follows:
- Monday: 12 to 3 p.m.
- Tuesday through Thursday: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Please note that NYU's Department of Campus Safety does not collect items from NYU Langone Health facilities. If you lost an item at an NYU Langone Health facility, we recommend contacting their Lost and Found team at (212) 263-0929.
- Mobile Devices / Laptops / Tablets
- MP3 players / iPods / portable speakers
- Wallets / Purses
- Items having ownership information
Examples of Items not Accepted
- Clothing items
- Water bottles
- Perishable items / Food
- Flammable items (lighters, vape pens, etc.)
- Small recreational items (soccer balls, frisbees, baseballs, etc.)
- Personal grooming items (combs, brushes, bows, ribbons, scrunchies, etc.)
- Intentionally abandoned property (electronic equipment that obviously does not work, damaged furniture, items placed by trash containers for disposal, etc.)