Thunderstorm / Hail
- Regularly stay informed by following the news.
- Check the forecast regularly to see if you are at risk for severe weather. Learn how your community sends warning, and sign up for notifications.
- Have a plan that includes an emergency meeting place and related information.
- Pick a safe spot away from windows, skylights, and glass doors that could be broken by strong winds or hail.
- Continue listening to local news for emergency updates. Watch for signs of a storm, darkening skies, lightning flashes or increasing winds.
- Go to a secure location if you hear a severe thunderstorm warning. Damaging wind or large hail may be approaching.
- Keep away from windows.
- If you are outside, go inside a sturdy building immediately. Do NOT take shelter under a tree.
- Never drive/walk through a flooded roadway. You cannot predict how deep the water may be.
- Stay away from storm-damaged areas.
- Stay away from downed power lines and report them immediately.
- Help people who may require special assistance, such as infants, children and the elderly or disabled.