Public Health Emergency
- Stay tuned to news and media reports on the health emergency.
- Get the flu shot.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or use your sleeve/elbow.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Put distance between yourself and other people outside of your home, as some people without symptoms may be able to spread a virus.
- Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people.
- Do not gather in groups.
- Stay out of crowded places and avoid mass gatherings.
- Keeping distance from others is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face covering or medical mask.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes: phones, keyboard, tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- Continue practicing frequent hand washing and good overall hygiene
- Maintain your normal daily routine, if you can.
- Exercise, eat well and rest.
- Stay active, both physically and mentally.