Malware and Ransomware Protection
Anti-malware software helps to defend computers and data against malware and ransomware. It must be installed on any computer that connects to NYU's network and kept up to date at all times in compliance with the Data and System Security Policy.
- Endpoint Management (Malwarebytes) is available to community members for personally-owned computers only.
- For NYU-owned computers please read the Secure Your Computer page and contact your local IT Support team to learn more.
Malwarebytes software provides real-time protection against malware and ransomware through the following ways.
- Detecting and removing malware
- Safeguarding files from being encrypted and held for ransom
- Automatically scanning for the newest and most dangerous threats so the computer is protected without the owner having to think about it