City Smart, Cyber Smart
Cybersecurity Awareness 2023
Cybersecurity shouldn't be as overwhelming as Times Square. You figured out the subway, the Village, and weekend service changes. You figured out this city. You can definitely figure out cybersecurity. Check out City Smart, Cyber Smart for three easy steps to making yourself harder to hack.
Ransomware. Phishing. Hacking.
It seems like there are new cybersecurity threats every day. Here, you can get guidance on protecting yourself and everyone at NYU. Read about the threats and how you can avoid them, download anti-malware software for your personally-owned computer, and learn more about staying cybersecure.
Tips for Safe Computing
- Endpoint Protection (Malwarebytes)
- Update Your Devices and Software
- Cybersecurity Awareness Training
- City Smart, Cyber Smart
- Cyber Incident Response
- Cybersecurity Consultation
- Cybersecurity Awareness and Outreach
- Log Management (Splunk)
- Endpoint Protection (Cortex XDR)
- Vulnerability Management (InsightVM)
Global Office of Information Security
The mission of the Global Office of Information Security (GOIS) is to protect NYU's computer network and the data that is transmitted over that network. GOIS works with University communities in collaborative partnerships to build trust and together support an enterprise-wide information security program.
Read more about GOIS
Office of Global Privacy & Data Strategy
The Office of Global Privacy and Data Strategy (GPDS) has responsibility for assuring oversight of the personally identifiable information (PII) lifecycle. GPDS collaborates with University partners to create a privacy awareness approach and facilitate compliance with applicable privacy laws and regulations. Key areas of GPDS include Global Privacy, Enterprise Architecture, and Global Data Strategy.
Read more about GPDS
NYU IT Security News, latest updates
- MFA Related Phishing Attempts
- Welcome to CSAM 2023!
- Critical Apple Update Available For Flaws Associated With Pegasus Spyware
- Widespread LinkedIn Account Takeovers & Lockouts
- Critical Patches Available for Microsoft Products
- Apple patches vulnerabilities in multiple products – update now!
- Widespread Brand Impersonation via Typosquatting